Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've decided to sell my 2005 Ducati 999. It is the black Biposto model, but I have all the parts needed to convert it to a mono tail (the body piece needs prepped and painted). The bike has a couple scratches on it from the previous owner. I bought it used from a dealership, so I do not know its history, but it rides fine and seems mechanically sound. It has about 2700 miles on it, and just got a set of Michelin Pilot Power 2CT tires on it. I am asking $12,999 if you want the subframe/tail piece/hardware, or $12,500 for the bike as is. I am willing to consider trade for a truck (4x4, no fords please) and/or enclosed trailer. Also may be interested in trading for a track bike, depending on what it is. PM me if you want any more info.

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,437 Posts
I call bullshit. If not though, ZX will be heartbroken.

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No man, it's the real thing. Doesn't really apply to ZX since I'm not getting a 1098 (yet). I've been thinking about it for the last week, and I just don't feel like it's a real fit for me right now.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Yeah I've noticed you've been torn about that bike since the day you brought it home. Lots of things you love about it, and lots of things you hate about it.

I figured it was only a matter of time, but it did surprise me that it came this early. I figured maybe fall.

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PS - for the sake of the for sale ad, you should have pics here.
FWIW, if you want it, you got first dibs.

I plan on getting pics up eventually. I'm really not in a big hurry to sell it, just decided that it's the one pony in the stable that I'm willing to part with.

Probably won't help much that the first response to it is calling out bs though.

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Spicer is right though... I'm heartbroken.
Sorry bro, I planned on keeping her around till the upgrade, then I got to thinking about how when I go out riding, my first choice is the Gixxer and that just ain't right. So I thought I might need some more time to wring the piss outta the old girl before I get another addition.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
*Deleted*

The smell of ducatis cause people to loose their minds

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
*Deleted*

The smell of ducatis cause people to loose their minds
I disagree. I thought a lot about it, but when the dealership has a strict "no-ride" policy, you can only tell so much about a bike. It's not that I dislike it, and if it doesn't sell, I guarantee I'll get plenty of riding out of it. Just throwing it out there in case it can find a more "loving" home.

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nothing pertinent, but I'll PM you the details.

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
Wow, I'm shocked too :eek: Of course, the possibility of moving up to a 1098 is understandable.

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow, I'm shocked too :eek: Of course, the possibility of moving up to a 1098 is understandable.
That's my plan, but I'll probably wait a year or so before adding another one to the family.

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,437 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts