Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm starting to loose my patience w/insuring a liter-bike. In '03 when I bought my current bike, my Ins. company(Allstate) told me they wouldn't insure my new '03 GSXR1k, so I found another company that would. Wasn't cheap, maybe $1500yr-ish. Last year Allstate sends me a letter saying they will now insure me @ $560yr! Awesome, no brainer. This year I get my new bill....$1500! Faawk!
My wife calls my Allstate agent to ask why; the answer? "The only thing I can see that changed was that you moved from Clawson to Lapeer." WTF?!?! It should DROP moving to BFE, not triple! And by the way, I'm going to be 40 this year...I'm not a 21yr. old riding a liter-bike!
I'm growing weary of this yearly insurance shuffle. Actually considering selling...:eek: Maybe a smaller sport-bike, 750, no smaller(too fat for a 600!), or maybe a "standard" type bike like a Speed-Triple.:thumb:
Anyone else wrestle w/this agony? :2cents:
I need to be talked down from the ledge! :crying:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SpeedyZ said:
State farm is a no brainer for me. My 900 was under $300 for the year and my 600 is $250 right now. Last time I heard Allstate wasn't righting policies on sportbikes, but that was about 4 years ago
Yeah, I'll have to try some other companies before I go & sell the thing. I did call StateFarm back in '03 when Allstae wouldn't cover me, but State Farm said I had to insure my cars there as well. The Auto insurance was actually higher, and the whole package, bike & cars was about the same(within $100yr).
I'm just getting so tired of calling around every year........:crying:

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Yeah full coverage and yes you have to have A car with them. When I first went to SF I put acar and the bike with them. I later (about a month sold the car and kept the bike with them for 2 years before I ended up switching all my cars and house to them.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jjkGURU said:
Ya, but I have everything with them (bikes, house, car, sleds...) and it seems to work well as a package, i don't want my stuff at 2 or 3 different places
I wont do that either, I'll have all @ one place too. I've been w/this Insurance guy for 10 years. Hate to pull everything from him, but....gotta do what I gotta do!
Ten years & he's pulling this? Didnt even get a reach-around.:finger:

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
+1 for state farm. They got my bike ('05 liter $620/yr full coverage at 25), my truck, my house, also the truck loan, credit card and mortage. Rates arent always the cheapest (also close) but they will bend over backwords when I got some problem, instead of having to be put on hold 5 times a day.

·
Premium Member
4,823 Posts
State Farm.

1000 Duc - $365/yr
50 YSR - $35/yr
1100 V-Star - $300/yr

I have full coverage on all vehicles. I also have my house, car, and truck with them. The reason for cheaper bike insurance is why I switched everything else. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
4,823 Posts
jjkGURU said:
they were re-dic-ulous when I got a quote from them last year:confused:
I agree. About once a year or so I call around to keep State Farm honest. So far they have been pretty good...had them for about 8 years now.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
I really cannot understand the pricing. I got my renewal from Progressive so I thought that I would check out some other prices. I went to another Progressive rep and he quoted me $2700 for the same thing that I was going to renew at for $375.

So I quickly ran back to the guy I have been with since my bike was new and paid the $375!

Who knows how the insurance biz works, really.

and I am only 21-ish. Not 100 yet!

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
farm bureau for house, chevy truck, suburban, 2 sleds, 2 4wheelers, farm, outbuildings, 3 trailers.... $ 2000 +/- a year (they wanted $ 800 more a year for the bike)

progressive for litre bike $ 325 a year (full coverage with $500 ded)

tried all the others and none of them would come close to what I'm paying currently ... and progressive was absolutely fantastic at settling my claim fast from the deer accident and covering EVERYTHING!

E.

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
fasterbusa said:

and I am only 21-ish. Not 100 yet!
*cough* bullshit :D

E.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
DreamRyder said:
farm bureau for house, chevy truck, suburban, 2 sleds, 2 4wheelers, farm, outbuildings, 3 trailers.... $ 2000 +/- a year (they wanted $ 800 more a year for the bike)

progressive for litre bike $ 325 a year (full coverage with $500 ded)

tried all the others and none of them would come close to what I'm paying currently ... and progressive was absolutely fantastic at settling my claim fast from the deer accident and covering EVERYTHING!

E.
I think progressive just pulls numbers out of a friggin hat. I quoted them once and it was over $2k for one bike, not sure if it was the TL or the Gix 1k, but either way over 4 times what I pay now. I haven't had any points or accidents in 17 years. And two of you have under $400, bikes, age, etc all similar? Seems like a crapshoot to me.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
fasterbusa said:
E
You are not old enough to be so irreverent to someone my age, little girl.

;)
I disagree, I think we should call her Gran-E :D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts