Sportbike World banner

Frozen Calmari

3K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  Joe4speed 
G
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

For those of you in CA,TX or anywhere you can ride all year .... BITE ME.

For the rest of us, we all know that time of the year is coming..the chill is in the air.

So yesterday I almost froze my tentacles off,
my leather jacket just doesn't seem to cut it.

So how do you keep warm ?

------------------
If somebody sounds as though they might know more than you, talk more and louder.

#2 ·
Move to AZ..
Wait on second thought...don't do that...too many people on the roads down here now :D

Seriously in the morning here I have to ride to work in temps around 32 degrees or so.(yes it does get cold (relatively) at night here in Phoenix. I usually wear longsleeve shirt(s), a sweatshirt, my leather jacket with neck wrap, longjohns, and jeans ..oh and two pairs of socks....sounds like a snowman, but it keeps me fairly warm, and its layered so I can take some of the stuff off if I get too warm.

Will

------------------
Will Darton
Sportbikeworld Co-Admin
http://azsportbike.net
99ZX-6e

G
#6 ·
Fall is upon us too. The forecast calls for a high of 107 today, but dropping to the mid-nineties for the rest of the week. Guess I need to pick a date for winterizing the bike. :p :D

------------------
Pete
"The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of
age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above average drivers."

#9 ·
I hate to see the end of riding season come.
It makes it harder when you've got all these
people running around saying "Awwww I LOVE
the fall". I just can't get into it. Fall
means winter - winter means C-O-L-D short
crappy days where there is nothing to do accept
read sportbike magazines and figure out
what I am gonna buy for 2001. :)

AZ Here I come...! :D

Chris :p

------------------
"If you spent more time worrying about you I wouldn't have to."

G
#10 ·
Chris you are soooo right,
Maybe I'll put a ski on the front on my ninja!!Hey it works on bicycles! But how do I get it to fit in the chair lift ???

------------------
If somebody sounds as though they might know more than you, talk more and louder.

#11 ·
This thread reminds me of a Christmas Eve ride I took down to North Carolina a couple of years ago. I won't bore you with the story but I will say that damn it gets cold in December when you are stupid and stay out past dark. 38 degrees is hard to deal with at highway speeds. That was near sealevel... not sure what it was in the mountains. :eek:
The longjohns(no relation), turtle necks, leathers and rain suit really saved the day. I was at least smart enough to pack extra clothes just in case. The hardest part of the trip was acting like I knew what I was doing when I stopped in Knoxville for a cup of java. ;) Oh no it's not too cold... very refreshing. :rolleyes: :p

------------------
John

"If Harley made an airplane... would you fly in it?"

G
#12 ·
Did you ever see the movie Dumb and Dumber ??
Do you remember when they got off the scooter and had snot frozen on their face! :D Thats how I felt yesterday night ! And yes there was definite shrinkage! :)

------------------

#13 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chris_y2k_r1:
I hate to see the end of riding season come.
It makes it harder when you've got all these
people running around saying "Awwww I LOVE
the fall".
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Awwww I LOVE the fall." That just means more daytime than nightime riding :) It's to damn hot to do any peak of the day riding here in the arm pit of the west. Yuma Az, you gotta love it :confused:

------------------
John

http://www.sendmoreinfo.com/id/1144987
"I'm living so far beyond my income that we may almost be said to be living apart" - e.e. cummings

G
#14 ·
I spelled calamari wrong.
Hey I figured that Pete would pick up on this ??? I think your losing it Pete!

------------------

#15 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Squidwannabe:
Did you ever see the movie Dumb and Dumber ??
Do you remember when they got off the scooter and had snot frozen on their face! :D Thats how I felt yesterday night ! And yes there was definite shrinkage! :)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROFLMAO!!! That is the very thing I thought of while I was riding home. :D :p My wife brought it up too.

------------------
John

"If Harley made an airplane... would you fly in it?"

#16 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Squidwannabe:
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I noticed. I just didn't want to say anything. :D

------------------
I wouldn't be so paranoid if you all weren't out to get me.

#17 ·
:D All this laughing at the Yanks, is getting me in trouble. The wife says that I have more fun with you, than I do with her. :rolleyes:

Did I ever tell you about the year we had snow in San Antonio? Back in 1985, it snowed 3", yes inches, and the city had to shutdown for 5 days for lack of snow removal equipment :D :D

------------------
Todd Hoffmaster
'00 Katana 600
39 speeding tickets and now I have a V1.

#19 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by funksouljon:
When it gets too cold to ride in Fl. I usually come in out of the rain. About 90 degrees and 6 inches of rain make it chilly.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
True..I know what you mean...I live in Pensacola

------------------
I don't ask to ride your girl so don't ask to ride my bike

#20 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gixxer750:
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
True..I know what you mean...I live in Pensacola

[/B]
Hey how is the riding in that area? Is there a lot of riders out there or any gatherings/hangouts? I'm moving to the Ft. Walton area in the begining of the new year.

------------------
John

http://www.sendmoreinfo.com/id/1144987
"I'm living so far beyond my income that we may almost be said to be living apart" - e.e. cummings

G
#21 ·

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Funny thing is, I did post a correction, but for whatever reason, the post didn't show up and I didn't notice that it hadn't until this morning! :p

------------------
Pete
"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul."

G
#22 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Pete Said :Funny thing is, I did post a correction, but for whatever reason, the post didn't show up and I didn't notice that it hadn't until this morning!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank God ! I thought you were dead ! :)

------------------

#25 ·
If you go to this link you can see stats on unprovoked shark attacks off the Florida coast. I found that while trying to find a map online. Tip for you, get a pool. http://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/fish/sharks/statistics/GAttack/mapFL.htm
As far as riding goes, I can't advise closer to you, but going from Panama Beach to Tallahassee there are some decent ones.
When do you move?

------------------

#26 ·
------------------

------------------

LOL that is funny!!

------------------
Joe
1999 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R, 4,100 miles, Vance and Hines Titanium slip on, synthetics, more to come soon!!!

1988 Mustang GT
www.joe4speed.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.