Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Did I miss the memo or what? Is the preferred manner of waving at other riders now become the wheelie? Twice this week I've been greeted by riders with the front wheel in the air. The first time (last Sunday) two bikes had stopped at a light going the opposite direction. We exchanged nods, then when the light went green, up went the wheels. The second time was today on the way to work. A guy on an R1 pulled alongside at a stop sign. I looked back and nodded at him, then proceeded to make a right turn. He also made a right turn on the outside of the same lane beside me. Then up went the front wheel! He then dropped back and wheelied past me, in the same lane, a few more times. After that, he pulled up a bit, waved, and shot off at about 100 plus. I'm not sure if he thought I wanted to race when I nodded at him or what. An interesting view of stunt riding I must say. He wasn't close enough to scare me or anything, but all I could think about was that if the cop that sometimes sits on that road saw what was going on, I'd never convince him that I was just riding along like a good little motorcyclist!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wouldn't go as far as that. I didn't mean to seem down on them. Just an interesting happening. In fact it was pretty interesting watching the guy wheelie from that close.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
RayO said:
It's especially amusing when a swarm of squids do it going in the other direction on the freeway:eek:
some guys that do wheelie are not aquids and really do know what they are doing and say what the hell an 80mph wheelie yet bad would be cool to do now, not all people that wheelie are squids :eek: uhhhhhhh nooooooooooooooooooo really

T.Q ~(the quickest)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts