Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone here mentioned a while back about lowering the front end for a little quicker turn-in. I was thinking about trying it on my YZF and was curious as to how much I should start at. Thanks.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I'm not sure I'd lower my front. I wonder what that would do to the suspension. Instead, raise the back end up. The end result should be the same. It can be as easy as putting a couple of "custom spacers" (ie: washers) between your rear shock and the frame. This is done by quite afew Blackbird riders who are also after a quicker turn in.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Actually, you can do either or both.
Ungawha has a GSXR 1000. Mind you this is a race/street bike, but the principles apply to both. He just had the front lowered 13mm (and then raised 5mm). Then the rear was raised almost a half inch. This was done to set the bike for track firstly.
If you start to tinker, make small changes, and then go test em out.
It happens that the front is easier to do, but oldgixxer is right, a lot of people do the rear. I will be doing both shortly.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't see how I can do the rear. The shock has basically half an "H" shape on each end. I will try the front and see what I think. Thanks for the info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts