Sportbike World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why would somebody buy a high performance machine and never, (I mean NEVER) open her up? The way he rides would be better suited for a moped.

This is the beginning of his thirds summer since he has bought it and he still rides it like it is his first time riding a sport bike. To him it is just a status symbol.

He probably thought it would help him in his quest for a piece of tail! (hasn't worked yet).

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Dave911 said:
Why would somebody buy a high performance machine and never, (I mean NEVER) open her up? The way he rides would be better suited for a moped.

This is the beginning of his thirds summer since he has bought it and he still rides it like it is his first time riding a sport bike. To him it is just a status symbol.

He probably thought it would help him in his quest for a piece of tail! (hasn't worked yet).
A Harley would have gotten him LOTS of tail (or so it seems from the internet dating sites I have visited).

Let him ride his Duck the way he wants. Then when he sells it, you can get it for a song and you will know it has been pampered. Just make sure he gets the valves checked every 6K mi.:D

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
He's probably too afraid he'll drop it so can't bring himself to push it at all?? Costs too much to learn to ride on a bike like that so you don't learn anything for fear you'll pay out for repairs etc.

shoulda got a gs500, be 10X's better ridder by now, dork

·
Registered
148 Posts
Dave911 said:
I get nervous and insecure when I read stuff like this. I ride a lot with a sportbike group in Hocking Hills, SE Ohio where we enjoy whole days full of twisty roads. I often feel I don't measure up to the rest of the riders - I can stay with the leaders a lot of the time but occasionally break out in a cold sweat..
It just seems such a relative thing. Maybe if I rode with your buddy, he'd show me up big time. How do we measure it.
I did a trackday and my friend, who's a racer, was disgusted that I didn't open her up more - I scuffed my tyres in nicely though - and had a great time.. that's all I cared about. Actually, I was also pleased not to be the absolute slowest in my group!! :D
On the other hand, sometimes the folk I ride with ask me for advice on riding, as if they respect my abilities.

I know it's all in good fun but maybe your friend is happy the way he is and peer pressure to ride beyond his abilities won't do him much good (or probably the resale value of the bike ;) )

·
Registered
482 Posts
Just like anything else, the learning curve comes to different people at different rates.

I've met people who were beginners at the time I met them and now I cant keep them in sight. And there are the ones that seem like they will never learn to ride. Not a sign of improvement since the first time I've seen them ride.

·
Registered
4 Posts
apexismaximus said:
He's probably too afraid he'll drop it so can't bring himself to push it at all?? Costs too much to learn to ride on a bike like that so you don't learn anything for fear you'll pay out for repairs etc.

shoulda got a gs500, be 10X's better ridder by now, dork
Heh, heh...that's what I got.

After a year or so on the gs, 748 here I come!

·
Registered
269 Posts
yeah, maybe you should give him all the time he needs and dont pressure him to do what he is not ready for..........

nah, **** that, tell him hes a big ole vagina and to get a Shwinn (however you spell it).

·
Registered
6 Posts
show your buddy this forum... show him the only STATUS he's achived by getting a Duc is Wuss, Big Ole Vagina, etc.
AND no tail??? LMAO!!!
I think he's getting some tail.... his own!! tell him to get his head out of his ass!
RIDE THAT THANG!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts