Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i just wanted to share a little story,

It was the sunday before thanksgiving and me and a buddy where getting ready to go ride our quads, but he wanted to get a sandwhich first so being a very warm day in Ny he decided to take a buddy of mines bike who happened to have left his bike in the one friends garage down the block. So I told him to be careful and watch out for the cold tires, well he leaves the parking lot and within a minute I hear the fire alarm go off and I go running down though town to see my friend in the middle of the rode and the bike in a bunch of pieaces, the bike slid side ways in to the pole and hit teh pole right on the bottom of the main beam ofd teh frame dead center of the bike. It though the rear seat about 75 yards across a parking lot and broke the bike into a bunch of pieace, the aria helmet was broke in the chin guard area. needless to say he was in the hospital and need some work done he was airlifted out with a collapsed lung busted spleen and a out of cuts and road rash. my other friend had taken the full coverage off tehg bike for the winter and now he has nothing to show for the bike execpt some parts he is selling ( he is now getting a MV agusta or a 04 R1 which he was getting anyway and was also keeping teh 03 R1) the guy that wrecked the bike hit a cab in NYC on his 94 ZX7R, went in to a ditch on his 97 ZX7R this spring and now this, the last to where becasue some one pulled out in front of him. I will try and post some pics.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Sorry to hear about your friend and the bike, but the only thing I can think of is that the guy who wrecked the bike may need to rethink things a bit. It seems like he's accident-prone and now he's wrecked somebody else's bike. At what point do you think to yourself, "hey, maybe I need to rethink this whole motorcycle riding thing?" :dunno:

Again, I'm sorry to hear about this accident and hopefully your friend will learn from his mistakes.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
I'm with you dan, it might be time to toss in the towel. Maybe someone is trying to tell this guy something.

·
Registered
517 Posts
my friend Dean

I know this guy who has always looked at my bikes and said "I wish I had a nice bike. I drink too much, though. I'd kill myself on it."

Hope your friend recovers well enough to keep riding, but perhaps in a manner that might preserve himself a while. Maybe he can borrow your bike while he's thinking about it?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The pics are not the best, And this is after the motor was taken out it looks a lot worse in person.

Attachments

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PIC 2

Attachments

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PIC 3

Attachments

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok first off, I am sorry for the the way i wrote the story, i hate typeing storys and I get bored by the time I am done, so i don't proof read.

The bike was not in my garage,so I could not stop him from taking the bike, the kid who owned the bike was on his way done to drop his quad off so me and the other kid could go rideing ( I have my own quad). But are friend decided to take the bike for a quick ride. The friend who wrecked the bike bike is not able to pay for it ( I am not going to get into his money situation).

the first wreck was back around 2000. The second wreck was may 03 and the 3 rd was nov 03.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
:rolleyes: some peoples kids :rolleyes:

if it was my bike, i'd be pissed.

i hope your friend makes it through fine though. if it was my bike, i'd put him right back into the hospital.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
If your friend makes it through ---- well if I were in your boots we would no longer be friends due to his non-ability to ride a m/c & has not realized one NEVER rides someone elses bike ESPECIALLY without their okay.

Also time for him to give up riding m/cs for next time could be worse & he might take down a friend as well.

Sorry if I sound off like this, BUT this has been an established outlook others, I know, & self have had for many yrs.

·
Registered
269 Posts
OK - let me try to puyt the story together -

You and a friend left a third acquaintance near an R1 and a set of keys for it. You hadn't returned when the FD show up to rescue said friend.

The owner of the motorcycle (apparently lives in a state where you can cancel your insurance for the winter) had just canceled his insurance.

The (now injured) rider is in the hospital, without any form of insurance for his health, the bike, or even apparently a steady income.

I smell a lawsuit for the kid's parents; or if he's over age of majority, garnishment of his wages.

The kid's done - it's his third wreck? The judge won't have much to consider.

cdma2k

·
Registered
518 Posts
Smitty said:
If your friend makes it through ---- well if I were in your boots we would no longer be friends due to his non-ability to ride a m/c & has not realized one NEVER rides someone elses bike ESPECIALLY without their okay.

Also time for him to give up riding m/cs for next time could be worse & he might take down a friend as well.

Sorry if I sound off like this, BUT this has been an established outlook others, I know, & self have had for many yrs.
I gotta agree with smitty, WTF was he doing riding someone elses bike without the owners permission? Sorry he got so hurt, but, if he were my "friend" I'd wait till he healed up...then beat the piss out of him!!!

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
RSVRick said:
I gotta agree with smitty, WTF was he doing riding someone elses bike without the owners permission? Sorry he got so hurt, but, if he were my "friend" I'd wait till he healed up...then beat the piss out of him!!!

I don't think I could be as understanding as Rick.

·
Registered
269 Posts
You mean, you wouldn't wait til he healed first?

Amazing story. The guy who gets screwed is the owner of the bike, especially since he probably had a loan out and lien on the title, and was supposed to have had it insured full/comprehensive...

The only way out for the owner is to sue the kid or his parents.

cdma2k

·
Registered
518 Posts
cdma2000 said:
You mean, you wouldn't wait til he healed first?

Amazing story. The guy who gets screwed is the owner of the bike, especially since he probably had a loan out and lien on the title, and was supposed to have had it insured full/comprehensive...

The only way out for the owner is to sue the kid or his parents.

cdma2k
Agreed.... and I think the proper teminology is "stolen" , not "borrowed" in this case.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
RSVRick said:
if he were my "friend" I'd wait till he healed up...then beat the piss out of him!!!
thats exactly what i meant when i said "if it was my bike, i'd put him right back into the hospital".

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
cdma2000 said:
OK - let me try to puyt the story together -

You and a friend left a third acquaintance near an R1 and a set of keys for it. You hadn't returned when the FD show up to rescue said friend.

The owner of the motorcycle (apparently lives in a state where you can cancel your insurance for the winter) had just canceled his insurance.

The (now injured) rider is in the hospital, without any form of insurance for his health, the bike, or even apparently a steady income.

cdma2k
Is this really the events in a nutshell? If so, I can't imagine how someone so irresponsible could be a friend. Can I guess he's under 22? And he's not been too lucky with cars either?

Sure sounds like we're either missing some info or someone's got to re-examine their selection criteria for friends. I wouldn't borrow a friend's wrench w/o their express approval. Z, you're really a loyal bud, no doubt. Hope the 3rd party pulls through well.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I agree it is fucked up that he took the bike, I was in postion to stop him, the bike was in a garage at a another buddys house that people store stuff all the time there, it happens to be in town so people hangout there all the time. The kid who owned the bike has a lot to lose if the other one sued him, it is just that we have all been friends for so long, that I don't know if I could arrest him, but it is up the the other kid not me I told him that he needs to do what he needs to do not what any one else says.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts