Sportbike World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Pete, its my turn to rant a bit :)

I keep getting ALOT of junk email lately. One of them has the suject: "Ok, Ill bite". I have gotten that a couple dozen times! Now Im getting a fricking "blue man" and "The 7 year old girl with cancer who gets .07 cents for every name on the list from make a wish foundation"!! Im sure Make a Wish doesnt play that stupid crap and it pisses me off that some idiot is using the name of an incredible foundation to bouy their idiotic fun. BTW, what is the fun of sending chain mail??

Secondly, I KNOW these emails are coming from a person or persons on this forum, so, I kindly request that you CUT THAT SHIT OUT! I NEVER send or forward chain letter crap so please take me off your list!

------------------
Kyle J.-
email:[email protected]

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
The Rules of posting to the forums, also apply to the email system.

Please note that advertisements for other websites, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are inappropriate anywhere (to include user signatures, and profiles) in the Sportbike World Forum.

Personally I can't stand chain letters either. I doubt that many people here do. If you are identified as a sender of junk email such as this, particularly unsolicited email, proper action will be taken against your account.

Also please note that while it is not law yet, it is expected that the anti-spam bill that passed the House this past week (House voting count: For:427 Against:1) will likely be ratified for the coming year.

This will allow ISP's greater legal power to combat junk email senders. This bill will also require that senders must provide a valid return address so that receivers can request to be removed.

I know...so who's gonna enforce it?
Well it will behove the ISP's to enforce an anti-spam policy as their users will know that they have to tools to combat this (if this bill passes). As is the American way, money talks, so when ISP's don't do something about it, and their user base falls off, hopefully they'll figure it out.

In the meantime, if you have a mail client that you can run "rules" or an Inbox assistant on, use that to move those messages to the trash.. If you're using Sportbikeworld.com email, like me, I guess we'll just have to keep using that delete button.

Sorry if this is rambling, but I thought someone might be interested in this.

HEre's the link to the MSNBC story that covers this law a little more: http://www.msnbc.com/news/434671.asp?0nm=T20D

And a link the story at yahoo http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/cn/20000718/tc/house_approves_anti-spam_legislation_1.html
Will

------------------
Will Darton
Sportbikeworld Co-Admin
http://azsportbike.net
99ZX-6e

[This message has been edited by RedNinja (edited July 20, 2000).]

·
Registered
873 Posts
This is one of the reasons i got so miffed at the chainletter that was posted on the forums.. riverrunner i hear ya..thats why i really have zero tolerance and no mercy for people who send those (or post them)..i had had enough of it all about 2 years ago....

------------------
Fear Green.

P

·
0 Posts
Do I smell a rat on SBW? Or is it just coincidence that both Kyle and Scott are having similar problems at the same time? :mad:

------------------
Pete
"Ultimately, most problems can be solved by applying a large brick to the correct skull. Difficulties arise when you don't have a brick or can't find the the right skull. The Devil is always in the details."

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RedNinja:
I didn't want to confuse anyone. the 427-1 was the vote count in the House that got the bill passed.
The bill name is:
Unsolicited Commercial Electronic Mail Act of 2000
The Bill number is H.R. 3113

Will

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ya, thats what I meant! :D :rolleyes: Im up on my politics!

------------------
Kyle J.-

P

·
0 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by riverrunner_2000:

Im up on my politics!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And down on your smarts. :D

------------------
Pete
"Ultimately, most problems can be solved by applying a large brick to the correct skull. Difficulties arise when you don't have a brick or can't find the the right skull. The Devil is always in the details."

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pete, I finally get to use the smilie that was made for you! :

:p ;)

------------------
Kyle J.-

"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has many -- not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some."
-- Charles Dickens

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Arif, Whats the deal? What did the Ins. Co. say? More to the point: When do you pick up your new 929? :D

------------------
Kyle J.-

"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has many -- not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some."
-- Charles Dickens

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey will, the junk mail about the "7 year old with cancer" was sent by 'Ninjagirl' and the email address is: [email protected]

Just for your info.

------------------
Kyle J.-

-- Charles Dickens

1 - 12 of 12 Posts