Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would share a pic of the scenery up here. This is Shaver Lake, about 40 miles from my house. Awesome ride too. Let me know if anyone is coming up here before the seasons change.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Hey Jester,

Do you take the main Hwy. up to Shaver or the old road? Have you gone out to Courtright Reservior? I've not had a chance to ride my bike up there but I've spent a number of days @ Courtright on a couple of occasions for the climbing. I should make a run up there on my bike because I recall the road looked awesome! Plenty of twisty stuff & incredible scenery. So when do the seasons change & start making it tough to take a bike back there?
Steve

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
R6steve said:
Hey Jester,

Do you take the main Hwy. up to Shaver or the old road? Have you gone out to Courtright Reservior? I've not had a chance to ride my bike up there but I've spent a number of days @ Courtright on a couple of occasions for the climbing. I should make a run up there on my bike because I recall the road looked awesome! Plenty of twisty stuff & incredible scenery. So when do the seasons change & start making it tough to take a bike back there?
Steve
Stevie,
Hmmm not so much a highway, more like an old road paved over. I think it is called the 168 I think.... or maybe the 180. Have to check though. All I know is it goes from 2 lanes, to 4, down to 1. Nice and tight in some spots, but not too bad. Have not heard of Courtright until now, but I will look into it for sure.
As far as the seasons go, it cahnges around the end of October. Gets to cold at that elevation. It was 75 when I went up there and 95 at my house. I know at nights it gets about 40 up there now. But it is an awesome ride though. Let me know if you plan on making a day trip out of it or whatever. I can get a few guys to go with.

Jester

·
Registered
627 Posts
Hey Jester,

I'm doing some things to my bike during the next couple of weeks but I'm interested in taking the ride. It would be great to ride with some people so I'll give you a heads up when I can make the run.

You will like Courtright if you decide to go there one day. It's east of Shaver Lake towards Washon Reservior. The road then turns sorta north & winds up to Courtright. It will pass through some giant Sequoias along the way. It sits @ 9,000 ft & you will see all the incredible granite domes & such for climbing. It is probably an hour more of riding, maybe less. I would top off my tank in Shaver because there ain't any gas stations that I can recall past Shaver. There might be one but I'm not sure.
Talk with you later, Steve.

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey

SteveMeister,
Sounds good to me. Just let me know as soon as you can on when you will be up this way. PM me when you are gonna be up here, I will give you my cell number.

Jester

·
Registered
82 Posts
stevie

hey dude? U ride alot around here in Bakersfield? If so, why not come to bike night on Tuesday nights at Woody's? We have 30-40 people show up every Tuesday and if you are looking for a place to ride why not meet us at Texaco on Allen and Stockdale this Sunday morning at 9? We're going to Pismo. it will be fun!:cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts