Sportbike World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, boys and girls. Just found this site the other day. Looks like it could be alot of fun and informative too!
A little about myself: just bought a ZX12R at the end of last summer. Kind of a horsepower junkie. A little heavy, but still way fun in the twisties. When it straightens out though, whooeeeee! Baby! Live in the mountains of Idaho, so the summer is too short. Want to attend some track sessions this summer.
Well, look forward to conversing with everybody off and on and gleening some information. That's what it's all about right? TA! TA!

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Welcome. :)

Idaho is a really nice state. Gotta love those nice gun laws out there. ;) I spent a month in Blackfoot, ID back in '97. Hope to get back out there with the bike someday. :cool:

·
Registered
56 Posts
HEY HEY HEY...

A fellow Idaho sportbike rider??!! Welcome to Sportbikeworld!...I live in Boise, Idaho, not too far away from the mountains. I too ride the green. 2000 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, Muzzy full titanium, Factory jetkit...Finally found affordable insurance!! So about next month I'll be picking up the ZX-6R. Take it ez...hope to see you on the road.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Funkee! Live in Boise?

FunkeeMunkee said:
HEY HEY HEY...

A fellow Idaho sportbike rider??!! Welcome to Sportbikeworld!...I live in Boise, Idaho, not too far away from the mountains. I too ride the green. 2000 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, Muzzy full titanium, Factory jetkit...Finally found affordable insurance!! So about next month I'll be picking up the ZX-6R. Take it ez...hope to see you on the road.
Hey Funkee! I live in Hailey and work in Ketchum. Ride to Boise all the time. I ride with a group of guys from Carl,s on the weekends. An RC51, 600 F4, VTR super hawk, and a VFR800. Other people as well off and on. Up and down Bogus Basin road alot. From Boise to Lowman and Idaho city too. You should try it if you haven't. Good to see you're picking up a 600. Great bike to get after you've ridden awhile. I'm afraid the term "Fear the munkee" wouldn't have much meaning with our group on the 250. Ha! Just giving you a hard time. Have to start somewhere and that's a good place to start. Maybe see you at carls sometime. Keep the rubber down!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sweet...I'm buying my 6R from Carl's, Lynn Bybee is my salesman. He sold me my 250R too. It's been to cold to do any riding at all for these last few weeks. I haven't tried Bogus Basin road yet, heard a lot of horror stories. I prefer Highway 21 to Idaho City. Or Highway 55 to Horseshoe Bend, up and over Black canyon dam...thru Emmett and back home. The 250R isn't a real good long ride machine, the riding position sucks, and so does the wind protection, and yea, lack of power too! But it is great for running around town, the Muzzy gave it a lot of kick, and the Factory Jetkit will have to wait until the weather warms up. Cheers Josh

1 - 13 of 13 Posts