Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey my frame sliders are red (bike black) and not in the best condition i was wondering if anyone has a good website for quality products. basicaly looking for somthing besides ebay. thanks.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Basically any online sport bike store. Kneedraggers.com, bikebandit.com, and loads of others. Make sure that they dont require cutting your fairing.

Sepias

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the fairing as already been cut and it has the frame sliders on there now so not a biggy i will check out those stores, any name brands i should look for?

i was looking at some vortext ones?

·
Registered
746 Posts
The no-cut ones are junk. Some bikes, like my old yzf 600r, didn't require it anyways. Most bikes require cutting, some companies make no-cut frame sliders for said bikes, but have heard in many cases they don't do their job.

-M-

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Make sure they are made outta something like Derlin, they hold together pretty well in a fall but not well enough that they hurt the bike. I haven't heard about the no cut ones not working, but it could be that they dont attach to the frame due to the no cut.

Sepias

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I'd go with the pro-tek. There doesn't seem to be a difference between the two and the pro-tek is cheaper. Thats just my :2cents: though.

Sepias

·
Registered
282 Posts
This may be a newb question but what do you guys mean by cutting the frame?

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Intuitive sliders are few of the best, made from delrin. And I speak from crash test on two bikes, both frame and bar sliders.

Cutting, I think they meanth drilling holes in the fairing to mount the frame sliders into the engine bolts.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
I broke 2 vortex sliders in one day. The grade 5 bolts werent strong enough to hold a 30mph slide on pavement, which is pretty dissapointing.

You want a quality slider? Get the extended Freestyle inginuity sliders. The body is extra long chromoly steel. Its secured by a grade 12 (!!!) bolt. The pucks are derlin, secured by a grade 8 bolts with a no load design (the bolts hold the pucks in place, but take no stress during a crash)

Also, when installing make sure to use washers (that should be supplied) and its a good idea to go after them with a torque wrench

·
Registered
8,798 Posts

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Are frame sliders generic like most aftermarket parts or are they bike specific? I could find very few for my bike, like most aftermarket parts for it, and the ones I have are cheap looking, and wont stick out to far once they are attached to the frame. Any suggestions?

Sepias

·
Registered
675 Posts
SepiasSoul said:
Are frame sliders generic like most aftermarket parts or are they bike specific? I could find very few for my bike, like most aftermarket parts for it, and the ones I have are cheap looking, and wont stick out to far once they are attached to the frame. Any suggestions?

Sepias
Most are bike specific. If you don't want to cut the plastic then usually they will be a bit harder to find depending on bike. Lots of people sell generic ones that require cutting.

Woodcraft makes a cool set too....
http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/Woodcraft_Frame_Slider_Kit_Kawasaki_ZX10R--505630.html

·
Registered
233 Posts
SepiasSoul said:

Sepias
I think most are specific, but you probably could modify them. The only reason I think they are specific is the size of the bolt you have to use to mount them, Im sure the bold could vary for differnet bikes.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts