Sportbike World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, is it ok to get anodized sliders? Will they grab the pavement if the bike goes down?

What are the best brands out there for sliders?

Thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
I hear the Delrin sliders are the best.

·
Registered
675 Posts
saw a friend lay his bike down on a country road at about 35-40mph low sided... the bike slid down the road and dug a gouge in the road almost 3/4in deep. it was sick..... sliders were fine just some dings on the end.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
derlin tipped sliders are safer.
The best sliders I've seen so far are made by freestyle inginuity. The most common ones you see are made by shogun or vortex. I have not had a good expirience with vortex, both bolts broke, but the shoguns did good in occasional drops..

·
Registered
434 Posts
Got a buddy with a 01' or 02' gsxr 600 allstare, polished sliders, if ya want i'll post some pictures of where his frame broke from a 10 mph fall! Need i say more?

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
izzybo69 said:
Got a buddy with a 01' or 02' gsxr 600 allstare, polished sliders, if ya want i'll post some pictures of where his frame broke from a 10 mph fall! Need i say more?
:eek: :eek: :eek: I'd be one pissed off SOB!

Must resist the urge to crack a suzi joke....:twofinger

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks,

freestyle ingenuity doesn't make them for the z-1000.

I see huge industries and shogun make them for the z. Are these ok.

·
Registered
434 Posts
shogun makes a good slider, used by las vegas extremes, and many other stunters.

But call shogun, because some of their sliders are for looks only, for example, on the 99'-02' zx6r they bolt into a fairing bolt, and they will just break the little bolt when it falls, on my zx6r it did more damage with the sliders than without, because when the bolt broke, the slider stuck in the recessed hole in the fairing, so it ripped most of the fairing off, instead of just sliding, and rashing the fairing.

now on my gsxr 1000, the frame sliders held up great, went down at the track, at about 25-30mph, and little damage to the bike, vash can testify to the damage.

http://www.moto911.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=229&osCsid=58ef574d70870a31434bd33682290da3

check them out here.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
For a Z1000, shogun makes a great set. They go on ebay for about $50. I had a set on mine, dropped it multiple times (also never crashed) and they held up great!

·
Registered
40 Posts
i had a set of aluminum on my 03 ZX 636 and they broke on a low side, also it bounced the back over to the rh side(left side low side first), not pretty, but minimal damaged to racing plastics.

now i made my own set of delrin at the shop, go with delrin better then hard aluminum or carbon fiber.

later

1 - 11 of 11 Posts