Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i stunt my bike and i have dropped it twice in the last yr. now i have repainted it for spring, new decals, tires, waxed, you know the routine. but i know the way i ride i will most likely drop it sooner or later.

ok no one i ride with have sliders exept for 1, his bike has been down 3 times and did less dammage then mine falling once. but i am concerned with frame damage they might cause from a hard impact.

so my ?, has any one had them on a 01 zx6r, or know someone who has, or any input on sliders, have you seen them do frame damage etc?

i need input, i would rather repaint or replace plastics than trash a frame,

and also any suggestions on sliders, i have been leaning toward shogun, (if i gi with them) Thanks

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Just stay away from aluminum sliders, they cause to much fricken when hitting the ground and can easily cause frame damage. If you are stunting so much, why not check out a crash cage. check out www.rrash.com website and get the number and call Adam, he can hook you up with what you need, for a good price. He is a stunner himself, so he knows his business.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you are going to be stunting and expect to drop your bike, you might want to invest in some armor ( http://www.racing905.com/products.htm ) rather that simple frame sliders.
BTW, the LP carbon frame sliders are really good and not completly made of carbon fiber, the slider has a standard polymer core with a carbon fiber sleeve for the looks of it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts