Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How come I've found several versions of frame sliders for this model? One version has two nylon pieces that are symmetrical, but you have to cut a hole in the fairing on the right side to get to the frame. the Second version I've seen has one thick nylon piece and the right side has a skinny looking piece to bolt into the fairing bolt, instead of the frame, of course this eliminates cutting the fairing, but is it dependable? the third version, which I've only seen on EBay for 100 bux is a bar that goes in front of the motor with sliders are both ends and somehow attaches to the frame.

what do you have on your bike, anyone?

Thanks

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got the frame sliders and put the left one on with no problem. the right one requires a hole drilled in the plastic. the instructions for the sliders require a 1 7/8 or a 2" hole saw. I got the 2", but now when i Put the saw up to area (not to cut, just to visualize) it looks like the hole might interfere with a counterbored area for a nearby fastener. I am going to exchange the 2" for the 1 7/8, but this will still only cut .06" less into the c'bore.

does anyone know of or has cut a fairing for a 98 R1? I guess there aren't any more choices, but would still like to hear some words of encouragement. I don't want to hear anything from you jackasses and smartasses out there:twofinger

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had to grind some of the slider that interfered with the boss and the bolt that screwed into the boss, but it works. I did get the 1 7/8 hole saw which still cut into the counterbore of the fairing. I guess Im happy with it. thanks for the link Vypir.:thumb:

Trevor

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts