·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey,

Due to great demand we finally got it up on google vid. Here is the link:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8369526590982461458

Thanks to v2win and myslef...

The quality is a little crappy but I reduced it a lot from the origional to make it sizeable.

3 mins 20 seconds or so

PM me if you want a full quality version either on cd maybe dvd if I feel like putting that much effort in.

·
Registered
352 Posts
OMG the guy at 2:15 with the russian accent was the same dude that put armour all on his tires! HAHAHA, what an idiot.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Thanks for posting that up. It was very interesting. A lot of :squid:'s on the video. Just a reminder how important it is to ride safely.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah... everyone just wants to go fast until you grow up and realize theres more to it than that. Now going fast through your favorite set of twisties... priceless

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
bubba_d_duck said:
i want to know is what bike does 100mph in first gear
DING! DING! DING!!!!!

When we saw that I looked at Les and asked her the same question!

Sounded like that Dad wanted to start something to ban motorcycles totally. I know he was greving, so I won't totally hold it against him.

J

·
0 Posts
Honda RC-51, I do believe that will do 100 in first... I'm pretty sure it has a wicked tall first...... I may be wrong though,

·
Registered
237 Posts
that video just showcased the most un educated load of retards I have ever seen. Why is it when the media interviews people they always find the dumb or psychotic. Anyway, I've seen a couple of cops both up around lansing and detroit lately after this aired that didn't give me a second look on my bike... so either i just look too slow or they're really not going as nuts as everyone says. fox 2 needs to go to a track day at grattan and show case people using these things the way they are meant to be used... and then interview them, instead of the random drunk blonde chick and the idiot russian.

·
Registered
41 Posts
sodamninsane said:
fox 2 needs to go to a track day at grattan and show case people using these things the way they are meant to be used... and then interview them, instead of the random drunk blonde chick and the idiot russian.
they would never do that, think about it from there point of view....this story would get higher ratings than something from trackday would, it would be boring for an average person

·
Registered
237 Posts
i agree it would get terrible ratings compared to the "if it bleeds it leads" you're gonna die mentality of street racing, but I just hate how %15 of the population gets to make us all look like idiots.

·
Registered
41 Posts
yea i think its just like a phase they go through, they will stop riding altogether sooner or later, whether they crash or just grow out of it

also i thought it was prety funny that one guy was like "i like to keep it slow ive been up to about 140" i dont kno too many roads with 140 speed limit, if anybody knows of any let me kno :twofinger

·
Registered
845 Posts
you know damn well that Fox 2 interviewed some responsible riders, but that wasn't the story they wanted or were going after. They wanted to portray our sport in a negative way, it makes for a better story/ratings. that's what's the [email protected]#king problem with the media; they don't care about the whole story, just what's going to bring in the ratings.

·
Registered
90 Posts
04-05 zx 10r , advertised 103mph in first gear, mine did 102 on a radar gun at Grattan , front straight bouncing off the rev limiter.

·
Registered
963 Posts
GixxerChris said:
you know damn well that Fox 2 interviewed some responsible riders, but that wasn't the story they wanted or were going after. They wanted to portray our sport in a negative way, it makes for a better story/ratings. that's what's the [email protected]#king problem with the media; they don't care about the whole story, just what's going to bring in the ratings.
+2

I would like to see ALL the footage or interviews they did just to see what they actually picked and choosed to air... Im willing to bet they did get some normal discussion going.. I would hope... Local media channels are just plain idiots in my opionion any way.. Pretty much why I only watch CNN any more.. Its always the same local BS any way, and im sick of the locals little antics trying to get ratings by blowing things out of proportion.. I mean look at it this way.. We are taking to heart actions and opinions by the same channels that air shows like Judge Judy and Jerry Springer... Not too credible in my opinion...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts