Sportbike World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I found a really awesome deal on a 2002 748 with 5---k miles on it, and was wondering how much of a pain it would be to ship it....overseas. There's always a catch isnt there, the seller said the shipping cost is 900.00$. Does that sound accurate? Has anyone else done this before that could offer me some tips on the best way to do this (without spending a fortune) thanks a million!

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,437 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow, sounds like I might have ran into one of those guys. Thanks a million for letting me know about that other thread, you might have just saved me a lot of money :D I knew it was too good to be true...a 2002 748 for 4,000. :(

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,437 Posts
templar75 said:
wow, sounds like I might have ran into one of those guys. Thanks a million for letting me know about that other thread, you might have just saved me a lot of money :D I knew it was too good to be true...a 2002 748 for 4,000. :(
Tell ya what, you can send me $2000 for letting you in on it, that way you're only losing half the money you almost did. What a deal, right!?:laughing:

Seriously though, no problem. Glad to help, it's what we're all here for. :thumb:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm trying to draw this guy out for what he really is; he's saying he wants 900 for shipping then when the bike gets into the US I would have to send him the rest...doesn't sound bad, but then again I really don't feel like paying some dude 900 dollars and never seeing anything in return for it. He's saying the bike has a clean title but all the paperwork are in customs so he can't give me the VIN, to which I respoded I want the number for customs so I can attempt to call and get the VIN# myself (which I'm not even sure I can do in Spain, but again I'm trying to draw this guy out). Anyone know of how I could 1 - figure out if he's telling the truth or 2 - figure out if he's telling the truth :D ?

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,437 Posts
If he physically has or can get to the bike, paperwork is not needed to get the VIN. All ya need are eyes. :2cents:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
*waiting for an email response* I bet I spooked him with talk of the VIN number. The way I see it, if he's legit he'll get it for me, if not he'll continue to be useless.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no dice, he said he wont accept escrow.com so there's no way im sending him anything without knowing I have some sort of insurance. thanks alot for the help. hopefully i'll find a legit seller that has one...anyone know of any 748's for sale? or maybe a monster...hmm...

·
Premium Member
4,824 Posts
Overdose on the Redlinesuperbike thread has a horror story about shipping a bike here domestically. Drop him a PM and learn from his experience. I know you are going overseas, but maybe he can offer you some insight.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts