Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weather's been beautiful here in New Jersey,so me & a couple buds did a Sunday ride. Did almost 300 miles about 160 of which were back roads here in Hope, N.J. Hope has alot of farmland & wooded areas, so on any given Sunday there's a heavy contingent of bikers in the area. Although there's a high # of bikes in the area, it's really spread out well and only on occassion have I run into other groups. Must have seen at least a couple hundred bikers today. Trust me with all them back roads comes all the delights...twisties,sweeping curves & so on.:D In any event, I'm sure anyone doing back roads has ecountered a deer or two lurking or in the road. Coming down the road just cruising a f##king bear jumps out of woods and tries to beat the bikes to the other side of the road. Luckily I see this big thing moving,so I was able to slow down. All ended well, the bear run off into the woods and we continued on our way.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
sixer said:
Weather's been beautiful here in New Jersey,so me & a couple buds did a Sunday ride. Did almost 300 miles about 160 of which were back roads here in Hope, N.J. Hope has alot of farmland & wooded areas, so on any given Sunday there's a heavy contingent of bikers in the area. Although there's a high # of bikes in the area, it's really spread out well and only on occassion have I run into other groups. Must have seen at least a couple hundred bikers today. Trust me with all them back roads comes all the delights...twisties,sweeping curves & so on.:D In any event, I'm sure anyone doing back roads has ecountered a deer or two lurking or in the road. Coming down the road just cruising a f##king bear jumps out of woods and tries to beat the bikes to the other side of the road. Luckily I see this big thing moving,so I was able to slow down. All ended well, the bear run off into the woods and we continued on our way.
Lol, nice. I used to work for the PA game commission and got to release quite a few of those bears. They can get pretty big(300+ pounds), and i'd hate to hit one.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that sucka was pretty big. Of course it wasn't the size of some grizzly or anything, just normal range for bears in our area. It's funny cause when I ride I'm always on the lookout for deer that wander or the ones that become fearful & dart out into the road. It just threw me for a loop for about a split second. Oh so so glad I didn't hit him:p

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hi All-

The fact that we have bears walking around in the largely disarmed northeastern part of the country weighing 250+ pounds is very disconcerting.

~ Blue Jays ~

1 - 4 of 4 Posts