Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm in process of purchasing underpant armor for knee/hip and need oppinion on either the Bohn undergarment armor or the Forcefield armor alternatives(full pant or shorts). I've just purchased the Forcefield underpant knee armor at NYC javits show, but thinking of exchanging them for either the shorts or full lowers to make an easy exchange, or buy the shorts and keep the knee pads. I'de like hip and butt protection, but would the full lowers be too uncomfortable or hot for all day riding?

HR...

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
While I'm not normally the type to nay-say ANY protection, I'm really not sure you'll need it. I guess it depends on the pants you get. Mine had hard armor in them in the needed locations stock. Putting another layer in certainly will heat things up in the summer months. So if you're certain to get something, then I would suggest on the less side (shorts). No recomendations on brand from me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
While I'm not normally the type to nay-say ANY protection, I'm really not sure you'll need it. I guess it depends on the pants you get. Mine had hard armor in them in the needed locations stock. Putting another layer in certainly will heat things up in the summer months. So if you're certain to get something, then I would suggest on the less side (shorts). No recomendations on brand from me.
Yea; Thanks for reply; I realized the problem w/the Forcefield armor pants is the upper leg armor is positioned in the front and if not tight, it slides down and pushes it's knee armor below the knees making the knee protectors useless. The shorts seem to be positioned differently, and forms slightly towards the sides where you need it. I dont know why they make them different. The shorts wouldn't help me if I'de use underpantknee armor, cause they dont fit right w/ those shorts. I could use the Forcefield shorts and use a overpant knee armor(Fieldsheer armadillo), they have an upper velcro strap over the knee cup which is essential. The last alternative is to use the Forcefield underpant knee armor w/ the Fox underpant shorts w/ foam inserts to give some protection (not as tight as the Forcefield or Bohn shorts).

ps. have you tried their Xtreme armored shorts w/ coolmesh opt.
or their Coolair adventure shorts? not sure the differences
besides one runs cooler than the other?? Knox makes some nice
armored shorts and knee protectors also
HR...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HR...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts