Sportbike World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the one i won on ebay, and unfortunately its out of commission already. The rear bearings blew out on me after about an hour or so of total riding which caused the chain to pop off the sprockets and mangle up my chain guard. I was able to order the replacement parts for it at LeBaron's and I should be back up and running.

Is this a common thing on these bikes? Any way to prevent it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
first off, what can you expect for the $$$. Second, some have issues, some don't. I have 50 miles I bet on mine, and nothing wrong till I bent the frame on it. But it was my fault cause I lost some important bolts. :( Anyway, There are several players making them in China, and I guess there are different levels of Quality there too. Bearings are cheap, probably $10 for a set, PM almightys and ask him where he got his and what he paid. You should check and see if the guy you bought it from is offering any sort of Warranty as well, some are, some aren't.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know part of it was due to the idiot on the bike.

I remember going in too hot into a corner and running wide then ramping off a mound of dirt about a foot or so high. i figure the impact was too much for the rear to handle. a couple laps later i saw my muffler on the side and when i picked it up and turned around to head back to the car, the rear end seized up on me. I was able to order bearings and a new chain from leBarons on dequindre yesterday.

I cant wait to get it back going again, i'm not sure if my astars boots feel the same way though. LOL

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
They aren't intended for off-road use :twofinger

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pics for those who care...
My pocketbike

Chain guard - Should i polish the whole thing... i was bored then i got lazy.

Fairing stay - f'ed up out of the box

Burnout - i really want to be a stunter lol

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
i got the bearings from the place you told me chris. 15 mile east of mound.
they were about 7 a piece. the guy said the original bearing was junk a cheap jap knock off. like lucky said what do you expect for the money. thats what you saved for not paying 1000+
for one.

remember they are lawn mowers go to murrays or stores liek that. fuck lebarons they are cocksuckers that will stick it in your ass for $$$$

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the heads up. do you remember the name of the store on 15 and mound? Incase i decide not to wait for my bearings from LeBaron's they charged me $5.00 per bearing.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Applied Industrial Technologies, formerly Invetech, formerly Detroit Ball Bearing.

I hope your ass heals from the your Lebarons experience Steve :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts