Registered
5,373 Posts
Wow:eek: That looks awsome.
Nice pic:thumbs2:
Got any more?

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Outstanding photo. Someone has done a lovely piece of work. One could claim it was a fast trotting 4-pot 600, 750 or 1000 & many would have believed them.
My thanks for the photo.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
www.classicbikes.com

As a newbie, I bought my 2003 EX500, based on many months of reading posts by smarter, experienced folks like you! And as much as I love riding that bike, I always mourned the fact that it did not have quite the pizazz of its larger cousins, or even the cool full naked look. It sits in a sort of never-land in between, with its half fairing. At any rate (boy I'm long-winded tonight!), I wanted to find out what was available aftermarket to "pretty" it up. An internet search led me to speedbike.com, & I've been corresponding with a guy called Edgar, who races ex500s. It's really cool what he's done! Check out his site. The bike in the link I posted is the Brazilian champs bike - Edgar is trying to get the fairing into the US. His own bike is awesome too. But best of all, like all of you, Edgar loves what he does & is happy to share his learnings!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :)

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
I really don't mind the looks at all. Some of the color schemes through the years were a little rough, but the bike looks good rolling down the road. I think you're being too critical.:)

Those things can RIP when you learn how to use it.:thumb:

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
Dad said:
I really don't mind the looks at all. Some of the color schemes through the years were a little rough, but the bike looks good rolling down the road. I think you're being too critical.:)

Those things can RIP when you learn how to use it.:thumb:
This pretty much sums up my opinion...:D

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Chacun a son gout! :twofinger ;)

We all have our preferences! Like I said, I love riding the bike & can picture the day when I "retire" it to the track! But I find it nice to see what creativity can accomplish!

·
Registered
517 Posts
nice bike

That guy's EX is the best looking, most inspired example of the bike I have seen. Whereas most would say "Off to a 600cc I go", he has brought tech to the twin. Very nice. Almost makes me want to not sell my wife's EX. Almost...

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
In truth I am not for gaudy colours (example being my 600 & 929 are basically black), but can appreciate the work one has done like on this 500. True the colours are very extreme, but what the heck it is his bike & I still think it is outstanding.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts