Sportbike World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.stopungunban.org/

You might like to go to the above link and check it out. This has to do with the attempt by the UN to abolish the US 2nd Amendment.

From the site:

"This 4th of July, while you and your family celebrate the 230th Anniversary of the founding of our great nation, there’s one party you won’t be invited to...

...And that’s the party that Kofi Annan is throwing at United Nations headquarters in New York — using your tax dollars — for nearly fifty dictatorships, six terrorist states, governments that endorse execution based on religious faith, and a multitude of other nations from around the globe."

This is not a good thing.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
hell no its not! how can they take away the 2nd amendment?!?!? wtf is happening to the world man, this is messed up. all that would do is take guns out of the hands of law abiding gun owners and put them in the hands of criminals and murderers.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Its the UN, soon to be known as the new world order. What do you expect. effin corrupt bastards. Personally, I'm more pissed over their whole "We should control the internet" thing

·
Premium Member
4,824 Posts
Good post Webb! I caught this in the email I recieved from the NRA. This is HUGE!!

If for any reason to support the NRA, this is it, just like Wayne said, "Tell the world that our nation will not be bullied by the U.N.".

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am very alarmed by the comments by both Kerry and Mrs. Clinton that if they ever came to power (or is the Democratic power gets control of both houses and the Executive Office) that that might very well accept the UN's proposals and sign treatys basically taking away our gun rights and then taking away our guns.

You know, for the"good of the children."

Many think this could not happen, but in other writings, Wayne makes it clear that we have to be always watchful (constant viligence) and make sure that little things do not slip by us.

I do not understand Kerry's attitude, as expressed during the past election, that everything French is obvioulsy good for the world and by extension, the USA should begin to model ourselves after their "great examples."

Where does this garbage come from?
Oh well.
Semper Fi!

·
Registered
237 Posts
:twofinger

·
Registered
46 Posts
fasterbusa said:
I am very alarmed by the comments by both Kerry and Mrs. Clinton that if they ever came to power (or is the Democratic power gets control of both houses and the Executive Office) that that might very well accept the UN's proposals and sign treatys basically taking away our gun rights and then taking away our guns.

You know, for the"good of the children."

and with the general apathy of modern society, most people would just roll over and take it.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
paragon said:
and with the general apathy of modern society, most people would just roll over and take it.
Or move to the "red" states

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very true.
It is amazing how short-sighted people can be.

Once a right has been lost, it is often a monumental task to get it restored, if it can be.

Hopefully, we will not let things like that happen.

As Wayne has commented on before, "Remember New Orleans" is kind of a battle cry to comment on how, in a crisis situation, the police and National Guard went door to door taking legal firearms from homeowners and in some cases, just breaking in and searching for and removing found firearms in some weird effort to "protect society."

Upon the orders of the Courts, those firearms had to be returned to their lawful owners but still, that was not a good thing to have happen, especially inlight of all the lawlessness that was going on in that area at the time.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Since when have we went along with the UN anyway.

I'm not pro-gun or anti-gun, but I don't personally use them. To that end, I think the 2nd amendments intent has been skewed by the NRA at times.

The treaty states very specifically it does NOT cover guns legally manufactured under laws of the state in which they are manufactured.

It ONLY covers guns ILLEGALLY manufactured and shipped.

Quote:
(d) “Illicit manufacturing” shall mean the manufacturing or assembly of
firearms, their parts and components or ammunition:
(i) From parts and components illicitly trafficked;

(ii) Without a licence or authorization from a competent authority of the
State Party where the manufacture or assembly takes place; or
(iii) Without marking the firearms at the time of manufacture, in accordance
with article 8 of this Protocol;
Licensing or authorization of the manufacture of parts and components shall be in
accordance with domestic law;

The US has laws concerning gun manufacturing. Manufacturers in the US that don't follow US laws are already subject to criminal penalties.

You COULD say it is intended as a step towards confiscation of all privately held firearms. OR you could say the NRA can be so extreme that they prevent even good gun laws from being passed. OR we could say we don't know enough of the details or the politics of it all to make a decision. After all, that's what politics are anyway. :D

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The danger is letting them get their foot in the door in the form of a treaty. From there, the possiblities for abuse and subsequent losses of firearms "rights" are just a little bit down the road.

In this country, one should not be too keen on having a UN treaty that overides any part of our Constitution.

Afterall, why let this happen at all?

As to the NRA being somewhat dogmatic on possible new gun laws at times, this is because history has shown what happens once the "well meaning" anti's get going.

Our 2nd Amendment is unique in all other forms of government on this planet. It prevents our government from getting too big for their britches, something that the Founders had experienced in good old Merry Old England.

As for the UN treaty idea, people should be asking why the UN is so intent on changing the US Constitution and making the world a safer place as opposed to getting ugly forms of "governments" around the globe fixed.

The UN does not like the US very much and many of our good friends in Europe do not like us all that much as well, in certain areas. Yet, we constantly ride to their defense and aid and yet, they would rather correct the US than others. Odd thinking.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts