Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm out for a little ride last night. I stop at McDonalds at 16 and Crocker...as I pull in some dudes are pulling out. There were about 6 or 7 of them, all newbs. Well as they pass me they start revving their engines for whatever reason, on all stock bikes. Anyway, one of them had too much gas and not enough clutch. His rear tire breaks, fish tails for a bit, has a tank slapper and loses the bike. He lands on the ground, bike rockets forward and hits one of his buddies bikes.

I stop, check it out everything is ok. His bike had less then 100 miles on it. So once we figure everything is ok, he saddles up again on his crippled GSX-R1000, they all pull out and are at the light. Two hotties come rolling by on their blades, so they start revving the engines on their stock bikes. The momo on a shiney new CBR1000RR loops his. He had less then 200 miles.

None of the group has ever ridden before.

All I'm trying to say is that you newb's need to crawl before you can walk. It is a shame to see such beautiful bikes get abused like that. Oh, only one of the dudes had gear on.

·
Registered
532 Posts
:confused:

I pray they last through the summer so they can learn their lesson and hopefully spread a story so someone else doesnt do it :rolleyes:

Thanks for the eye opener.

·
Registered
273 Posts
MrOrangePants said:
:moon: Ha ha ha, thats more funny than a retard playin' bingo, getting bingo, and trying to yell out bingo.
Nice analogy..... quite funny too...

And Lucky's right... i mean.. look at James...:twofinger

he's a squid.... haha not wearing Gear... oh wait... i sometimes don't either..

DAMMIT!!!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Kuhrazy said:
Nice analogy..... quite funny too...

And Lucky's right... i mean.. look at James...:twofinger

he's a squid.... haha not wearing Gear... oh wait... i sometimes don't either..

DAMMIT!!!
that's not entirely true, if it's under 80 degrees (that's 27 C for you, mush-head) I usually wear my jacket and boots. after that full gear would just give me heatstroke:twofinger

and nice story Doc, that's been the best laugh so far today:thumb:

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
MrOrangePants said:
:moon: Ha ha ha, thats more funny than a retard playin' bingo, getting bingo, and trying to yell out bingo.
Winning a lot at bingo? :eek:

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Great story!

So we got 3 brand new bikes, wrecked within one night, in sight of the parking lot, under 20mph....

Need parts?

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
wait. 6-7 riders, 3 wrecked bikes.

42% of newbs cannot succesfully rev the engine for noise affect....

Explains the popularity of harleys...

·
Registered
45 Posts
I was walking out of Full Throttle a couple of years ago, and in the back of a truck is a completely munched R1 ... and I mean completely, not a part unbent or unbroken, things must have done cartwhells for a mile.

Well the owner, who looks all of 18 is standing there yelling at the Service Writer that the bike is "under warranty", and the SW is explaining that the warranty does not cover crash damage, and that he needs to contact his insurance company... Interesting side note, when you finance a bike through the factory revolving credit line program, it is like charging a bike on a credit card and they don't make you carry full coverage like a bank would... Yup, kid had PLPD, a totalled bike with 27 miles on it, and hadn't even made the first payment.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Had a kid at the local dealer buy a brand new R6, and no insurance.
As he saddled the bike (for the very first time) he reved it, stalled, started it up again, revved and wheelied it right into the back of the owners suburban.

What insurance?

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
paragon said:
I was walking out of Full Throttle a couple of years ago, and in the back of a truck is a completely munched R1 ... and I mean completely, not a part unbent or unbroken, things must have done cartwhells for a mile.

Well the owner, who looks all of 18 is standing there yelling at the Service Writer that the bike is "under warranty", and the SW is explaining that the warranty does not cover crash damage, and that he needs to contact his insurance company... Interesting side note, when you finance a bike through the factory revolving credit line program, it is like charging a bike on a credit card and they don't make you carry full coverage like a bank would... Yup, kid had PLPD, a totalled bike with 27 miles on it, and hadn't even made the first payment.
I love hearing these stories, especially when it doesn't affect my insurance premiums. 60 payments for a bike you got to ride once :laughing: Let's hope he didn't make that mistake twice.

If I was the service guy, I would have asked him if he still wanted his first oil change on "on the house"

·
Registered
45 Posts
LuckyStrike said:
If I was the service guy, I would have asked him if he still wanted his first oil change on "on the house"
A buddy of mine was a mechanic at Georgia Suzuki dealership, and had a Gixxer 750 come in with less than 500 miles on it, seized up tighter than a drum. The kid who had brought the bike in kept telling the same old "I was just riding along" story...

While the kid is waiting for them to write up the service paperwork, he wanders into the showroom and starts bragging to the sales staff about his ability to ride wheelies for miles and miles... Unkown to him, one of the guys is not a salesman, but the regional rep for Suzuki, who just happened to be in the dealership... This is also the guy that will later deny his warranty claim for a siezed crank due to oil starvation....

·
Registered
54 Posts
he wanders into the showroom and starts bragging to the sales staff about his ability to ride wheelies for miles and miles... Unkown to him, one of the guys is not a salesman, but the regional rep for Suzuki, who just happened to be in the dealership... This is also the guy that will later deny his warranty claim for a siezed crank due to oil starvation....

Price of a new engine: $4000.00

Lost time from work: $150.00

Being to stupid to know when to keep your mouth shut: PRICELESS
:crying: :twofinger

·
Registered
34 Posts
when i started riding sportbikes 21 years ago,there wasnt much of this behavior that i can remember.im amazed that these young guys with no experience can ruin a $10,000 bike and think they are cool or its funny.these are the same types of guys that put others in harms way while riding their "crunchy piece"in a group with bad brakes,blown forks,bald tires,and no street smarts.ive seen many a bafoonish things from the likes of these beginners,having ridden so long and working at a dealership.ive told some great stories to my son over the years and hes learned that isnt the way to conduct yourself on the street.ive always respected and feared my "crotch rockets" and kept them in tip top shape and i know my son will do the same.

im a fan of the stunt community in a controlled environment,but ive never shaken my head in disgust as much as i have in the past few years watching these idiots. :2cents:

·
Registered
75 Posts
I had 2 freakin morons blow by me in my own lane on 94 just past 16 mile, I was doing 80 and they blow by me like I wasn't even moving, all had to do was move over a 1/2 foot and and I would have been smeared all over the freeway, BASTARDS HAD NO PLATES EITHER :finger: :finger: :finger: :cussing; :cussing;

·
Registered
966 Posts
LuckyStrike said:
:laughing: Please tell me you didn't mention our club to them. We already have Nick :twofinger
Seeing as there are so many newbies that cant ride to begin with on bikes that are too large for them I was just wondering. Does Redline have a minimum requirement for membership, Age, miles, years of experience? Just curious.

·
Registered
168 Posts
GPZRider said:
Seeing as there are so many newbies that cant ride to begin with on bikes that are too large for them I was just wondering. Does Redline have a minimum requirement for membership, Age, miles, years of experience? Just curious.
Yes they do...that is why they won't let me join!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts