Sportbike World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any luck with front flush mounts on an F4 yet. I don't know what brand to get since the plastic where you mount them isn't flush.

I also want to get some framesliders, anybody find them cheaper than $50.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Can't help with the lights, sorry. I haven't tried to use them because of the fairing not being flush:(

And $50.00 for the sliders is about right.:D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Frame Sliders and Flush mounts

I have both on my bike. For the flush mounts in the front I made the plastic flush, just cut it down. You can't tell because the light covers it. On the back I put them on the tail piece and build my own fender elimination kit (with a swinging liscence, just in case). My frame Sliders cost about 30 bucks (dealer cost). The flush mounts look really cool as long as you don't F-up the hole in the plastic for them. I just happened to have a hole saw the exact same size.

One wheele is better than two!

·
Registered
134 Posts
great question. I was wondering the same things. I guess i'm a bit hesitant taking a saw to the bodywork of a vehicle. Either way there are a few kinds of flush mounts out there. There are the ones that are LITERALLY flush. You can only see them from the side. Others are a bit angled off on the lens and the last ones (that i like) are all amber lens, shaped like a bubble. (did that make sense?) I've seen them all from lockhart.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was looking into the flushmounts until I realized that I couldn't make the rear really flushmounted without some bodywork..and I suppose the fronts would be pretty hard to see..

The last thing I want to do is make my blinkers obscure and hard to see leading to scenarios on the road that I would very much like to avoid..

Anyone have any pictures of what VISIBLE flushmounts look like on the '00 F4??

·
Registered
42 Posts
hey Cypher, i just registered on here. Couldnt help but noticing that you're from andover. I was born in N. Andover. I'm on the south shore now, and just bought a f4i. seems like everyone on these forums is from cali and stuff, cool to see other massholes! - matt

·
Registered
12 Posts
Woohoo! Someone from a town I recognize..:) That's a sweet bike Matt...I just picked up my F4 last july..and knowing my bad luck..they go and change it and release the F4i..if I had held myself for about 6 months I coulda gotten that..but..hey..I got the bumble-bee yellow/black..so that's a consolation..:)

So you thinking about any cool mods for your bike yet?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Cypher said:
So you thinking about any cool mods for your bike yet?

thanks, i cant wait to ride it. and no, i havent begun to think about what i'll do to it yet. i love the look of tucked away, high mount exhausts...so thats always a possibility. maybe get the fairing tinted, that would look sweet with the silver & black paint anyways. have you done anything to yours yet?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Cypher said:
I was looking into the flushmounts until I realized that I couldn't make the rear really flushmounted without some bodywork..and I suppose the fronts would be pretty hard to see..
The last thing I want to do is make my blinkers obscure and hard to see leading to scenarios on the road that I would very much like to avoid..
ANY aftermarket signal is going to be nearly invisible to cagers, that's why they're not DOT legal! If I commuted often, I wouldn't count on signals being seen at all- I'd get an Aerostitch high-vis yellow jacket and/or orange or yellow helmet.

·
Registered
134 Posts
getting back to the initial question

i just ordered a set of black framesliders for my F4. I'll let you folks know how the install goes. I have never taken off the bodywork, so any advice is greatly appreciated. I got them from http://www.kneedraggers.com

1 - 12 of 12 Posts