Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was talking to my girlfriends brouther about my bike one day in the garage with a friend of his as well.I start telling his buddy about my bike and some of the things it does.This is after i found out that he worked for a bike shop for 4-5years as a mechanic. Then I show him my "really cool" flame trick.Well he tells me if I keep this up i'll be replacing my valve seals.Now my question is will it have the same effect if I run with basically a straight pipe?I would assume so,but I only think I know what I'm doing.lol anyone know enough about to help? It would be much appricated.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hi BigGreenKawi-

Please describe your "cool flame trick" so we know what you're talking about. My older cousin used to light his farts with a cigarette lighter, but I know that wouldn't damage his valves.

~ Blue Jays ~

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OH yeah sorry bout that. what I ment by "cool flame trick" is load up the pipe then after a couple of seconds the heat or whatever sets it off catches the fuel in the pipe and causes a backfire about 18"-36" somewhere in there.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
That brings to mind one of our members, last year I think(?), when he realized his bike's battery was overly low yet a short run to see his g/f, anyway the bike was home not running & his bother or relative helped get the bike started only it backfired & blast was that great that it blasted the wondow of a nieghbor. I think later on he found several nuts & bolts missing from a bracket around the can.

I would get the carb tuned to the loud straight pipe. It can be done for I did a lot of flat tracking of HD & Indian to Brit bikes with straight pipes yet for yrs I have seen HD/Cruisers riders coming to the stop signs to gun their engine engines (which I never do when riding a sportbike or even more regular bikes), & then they will fart & bang to sound so sick.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts