Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 6 month old F4 with 3600 miles and an annoying problem. It will randomly miss second or give a god-awful meshing sound of unsyncronized gears and then stay in second.

It has twice hopped out of gear under full open throttle.

I don't dog the bike, and use proper and positive shifting(always clutch,blip,preload, etc..)

Before i have service tear down the transmission for what is (according to dealer) "probably" a bent shifting fork what should I try.

Thanks,
Ben

------------------

·
Registered
331 Posts
Don't hesitate to get that fixed by the dealer while it is still under warranty. I have had my bike slip out of gear in 5th once but I believe it was a poor shift on my part. Never had a problem with the clunkiness you describe but I have smashed my balls quite a few times shifting from 1st to second (or was it neutral?) during wheelies. Ouch! Go to the dealer, do not pass go, do not ride for the month that is in the shop. :D

------------------
Ride Fast. Take Chances.

·
Registered
104 Posts
You have a warranty. *Use it!* I'm a firm believer in "getting yours". Let them fix it. While you're at it, make sure they change the oil/filter/tighten suspension bolts and fix any other "squeakies" or "shakies" that you can think of. You paid your $$$$, let them keep their end of the bargain. Oh yeah, double check their work. Just had my bike serviced last Monday. Oil/filter/lube-adjust chain. This was the FIRST TIME in the 4 times they've serviced it that they actually had the marks on the swingarm lined up. Double check everything before you ride off the lot. Good luck.

------------------
Cosmo
"May I please, remain in this space, for darts......"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts