Sportbike World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally clutched my first wheelie. Dropped the front a little adruply. Smacked my nuts on the tank. They still hurt today.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
haha, I did the same. Don't try a stoppie yet. You'll be nervous as hell and you'll end up slidding into your tank. Nuts will disappear and hurt. yikes :eek:

Best thing for a wheelie is to be as far back in the seat as possible and don't feather the clutch. That just wears the clutch down.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I don't feather it, the wheel stays on the ground. I don't even know if I will try another one. It kind of scared me. If I were to dump the bike I would be fucked. I am trying to sell it(no full coverage).

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
what would scare you is when you try to jump speed bumps. I finally gotten used to it now, but the first time when my rear tire landed, is squirmed around.

I need to get a 12 bar on my bike. I've shit myself a few times this week doing wheelies at like 80 degrees.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
12' oclock bar will not save you from going over. It will make things worse.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
psudy said:
If I were to dump the bike I would be fucked.
Maybe you shouldn't be playing around then.
:2cents:

My bike is crunchy as hell and I laugh about it. I was prepared for damages to happen if I played around on it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
JBaz said:
... don't feather the clutch. That just wears the clutch down.
Feather :dunno:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
duessel said:
Maybe you shouldn't be playing around then.
:2cents:

My bike is crunchy as hell and I laugh about it. I was prepared for damages to happen if I played around on it.

Probably shouldn't. I just had an itch that I needed to scratch.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Wheelies are fun. If a hot chick every motions for you to do a wheelie, just make a flashing motion and see if she shows you her tits. :laughing: Also, they can be used in exchange for directions. I was at a gas station filling up and trying to find a dealer out in west Jersey and the guy is like ok but do a wheelie out of the station. :laughing: :squid:

·
Registered
51 Posts
i did my first wheelie today too. probably went up to maybe 10 o clock, if that. not that much, but still enough to be fun/scary at the same time. i didnt ride it very long, maybe 2-3 seconds, but it was still fun. im tryin to find the sweet spot in rpm and speed @ which to pop the clutch, but only when i'm bored and there's nobody around to see :p i've done a little bit of a stoppie too, maybe half a foot off the ground :p

·
Registered
489 Posts
Little insight that will save big jim and the twins on your "wheelies". accelerate as you come down. this lessons the dropping force thus saving your testiclites. Also... 105, on 1 wheel, in traffic, around police... not a good idea. Good luck keeping your license.

Unas, I have a shirt from apex films (got it with some junk stunt vid) that says "will wheelie for boobs" in big print on the back. It works, get one. Much easier than motioning and much more obvious as to what your intentions are.

Also, the comment about "feathering" the clutch hurting it... sorry, but when done properly, it will not hurt anything. you also will have about 0 luck trying to feather a wheelie up. :2cents:

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
RoadStainR6 said:

Unas, I have a shirt from apex films (got it with some junk stunt vid) that says "will wheelie for boobs" in big print on the back. It works, get one. Much easier than motioning and much more obvious as to what your intentions are.
Hahaha nice I'll have to look for it.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
btw, I didnt do a wheelie at 105mph, My bike doesnt have enough power to do it. I can only do wheelies in 1st gear and almost in 2nd if I compress the front shocks. I did the wheelie when I entered the highway.

Also if you read my post, the gear slipped so no way I could have gased it when I was comin down.

For the feathering the clutch. I mean if you rev it high and release the clutch slowly, Its engaged, but not fully, you'd wear the clutch out more since its not fully engaged. Although these clutches won't just die if you do it, but over time, they'll wear down faster then if you didn't do it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts