Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my first trackday of the year on Monday. It started out pretty rough, I was having a lot of trouble breaking in the new leathers and finding a flow. Finally after lunch I said F-it and started pulling the trigger a bit. Its amazing how a good race track flows once you start going fast.

I was running Intermediate group, however a vintage group bought up the entire advanced session so they mixed Advanced and Intermediate. We even had some AMA guys in our group. All I can say is WOW! I thought I was railing out there and they passed me on the outside of the fastest corner on the track like I was standing still! I tried to keep them in site but that only lasted maybe 2 corners.

Once again I can't say enough about the Metzeler M3's. I was running a pretty good pace, faster than I had ever gone before and they performed flawless. And they wear like a champ! I have a set of DCIII's for the next track day, I can't wait to compare them to the Metzelers.

The pictures aren't all that great but its better than nothing...

Attachments

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
Uh, so jealous. My Disney trip interfered with what I wanted to be my first day this year out at the track with NESBA, trying out their Skills Enhancement day. I guarantee I'll be doing it next year (they only do one a year in the area).

Was that out at Mid-Ohio? Doesn't look like it....

BTW, that's the coolest bike ;)

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NESBA is a great group to ride with. Their CR's are top notch. SED day or regular day you'll get a ton out of them. We are pretty lucky here in WI, there are 3 different orgs that do track days and 4 tracks within 2 hours drive.

This was at a track called Blackhawk Farms in South Beloit, IL. It doesn't look like much on the track map but its a super fun track. I do want to take a trip down to Mid Ohio soon though, that looks like an awesome track.

Edit: The TI kicks ass for sure! When my track plastics are done i'm thinking of painting them just like stock I like it so much.

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
NESBA is a great group to ride with. Their CR's are top notch. SED day or regular day you'll get a ton out of them. We are pretty lucky here in WI, there are 3 different orgs that do track days and 4 tracks within 2 hours drive.

This was at a track called Blackhawk Farms in South Beloit, IL. It doesn't look like much on the track map but its a super fun track. I do want to take a trip down to Mid Ohio soon though, that looks like an awesome track.

Edit: The TI kicks ass for sure! When my track plastics are done i'm thinking of painting them just like stock I like it so much.
BF? We've talked about that before. You going down there on June 7 with NESBA? I'll be up there on the free half day checkin' the track and the organization. Might even have my riding pal with me.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Sweet! My first of five tracks days at Mid-O is coming up in two weeks and I'm getting incredibly excited and nervous. Familiar feeling. Can't wait to get back on the track.. I think I've lost some skill over the winter and I need to get some confidence back. I'm fitting my bike with some Dunlop D208-GP tires this time 'round. I also agree that the M3's were a pleasure since I got mine last summer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts