Sportbike World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which bike was the first to use a 'Ram Air System' ?

Note: Be careful, it's a tricky question ;)

Aris

·
Registered
373 Posts
Hi Aris,

When you say "ram-air" we would all assume induction like used on sportbikes. But you said it was a trick question.

So maybe you are refering to ram-air cooled heads like found on the early 70' Suzuki two strokes. Or maybe ram-air cooled brakes.

Andy

·
Retired Moderator
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mashuri said:
First production sportbike to use ram-air induction on its engine intake was the Kawasaki Ninja ZX-11.
Mashuri you re absolutely right about Zx11 (ZZR1100) being th efirst bike with a ram air induction system, but as Andy pointed out, this is a tricky question and wasn't referring to induction ;)

Andy you got the idea, I was looking for the first bike to have a badge 'Ram Air System'.
It was a Suzuki 2 stroke :) Which one?

Aris

·
Retired Moderator
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Andy said:
Hi Aris,

How about the 1972 Suzuki GTGT380 triple & GT550 triple.

Andy
You ve got it right Andy :)

Here is a large picture, where you can read the badge on the engine. I thought this trivia was nice don't you agree? Actually I didn't expect anybody else here to know there was different 'Ram Air System' than induction.
But the ZR7 riders are the best trivia players as always :cool:

Aris

·
Registered
137 Posts
thanks!

thank you for this one ,it brought back so many memories,it was the picture that did it-this was the very motorcycle I learned to ride on.I'd swear the motor had no redline-It just kept going. Ibought it well used for $380 in 1986,it was my first offical motor vehicle in my name.great Question -thanks

·
Retired Moderator
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: thanks!

wedge said:
thank you for this one ,it brought back so many memories,it was the picture that did it-this was the very motorcycle I learned to ride on.I'd swear the motor had no redline-It just kept going. Ibought it well used for $380 in 1986,it was my first offical motor vehicle in my name.great Question -thanks
I'm glad to make you happy :)
It 's a really good looking bike for my standards, good picture too.
These bikes were really fast accelerating, but not much good elsewhere...
I got the idea when I saw a pristine example in a Classic Rally in Greece last weekend. It overtook me and my BMW in a cloud of smoke and a RiingDingdinggg sound :D
I still have many pictures from the rally, many trivia to follow...plus I'm waiting to see the results! I came 2nd last time :cool: ( I think it was pure luck though ).

Why don't you play in the trivia with the rest of us ? Or post one yourself!! You know anybody can post a trivia here, but it's just me usually :crying:

Aris

1 - 10 of 10 Posts