Sportbike World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Wow... that's crazy. The guy said he swerved... well shit, that was one hell of a swerve! It looked like he didn't pay attention to the person in front of him and tried to avoid him, although he did it in a rather stupid manner. Even if he would've just slammed on the brakes and hit the guy in front, from the speed they were going and the distance at which he swerved, the damage would have been minimal. Busted bumpers and maybe headlights or something, coulpe hundred bucks at most. Where as now, the bill will be much higher for him.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hi bryanin1-

Wow, the accident occured only a few short days ago and the footage is already posted. Best wishes to your friend for a speedy recovery with hopes that she will soon return to the saddle.

~ Blue Jays ~

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hi All-

My guess is her very modest investment in a helmet cam just secured her a brand new motorcycle via the other guy's insurance policy. Can you imagine if this footage was shown to a jury in a typical courtroom? His insurer should process a tidy check to her nearly instantaneously...if they know what is good for them.

~ Blue Jays ~

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
This makes me want to buy a helmet cam and have enough tapes to record through the whole week everywhere I ride. But then again, I don't want to spend 1200-1400 bucks for what she got. For that much I could get a new wrecked bike, add 500 bucks and get it in working condition.

If the rider was a guy, no hot women would help... if there was, then a cager killed you and you would be in heaven.
I'd like to point out that she's a cali rider. Here's the story:

http://www.socalsportbikes.info/xmb/viewthread.php?tid=34948

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hi All-

Dawn is the name of the motorcyclist in the accident. From reading the thread embedded above it looks like the motorist who CAUSED the accident lied to the police and said that she hit him!

He is in for a rude awakening when he learns from the authorities that the whole thing was videotaped. Even the part where he looks at his car and telephone before coming to see if she is injured.

He looks like a skeevy guy driving a junk car...I wouldn't be surprised if he has no insurance and/or driving on the revoked list. God, if there is one thing I can't stand is dirtbags.

~ Blue Jays ~

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Blue Jays said:
Hi bryanin1-

Wow, the accident occured only a few short days ago and the footage is already posted. Best wishes to your friend for a speedy recovery with hopes that she will soon return to the saddle.

~ Blue Jays ~

Yeah, it went up quick. She actually posts on another website which is where I know her from. When I saw it I immediately put it on my site because as a rider I know lots of times I drop my gaurd and forget how easily someone else's stupidity can be my downfall.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
I cought it the other day on a site where it did not take so long to get on the monitor. Agree with all of you that the driver of the junker was totally in the wrong though good chance he does not have insurance. I notice some, on the other board, that she could have made it if she had done this or that, but REALLY why take a chance & then be totally in the wrong.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Please this thread updated as to what happens in the case.

If true that the idiot civic driver tried to tell the cops that she hit him, i'd love to see his face when they show him the video.

But hell, cops are usually pretty smart when it comes to traffic accident reports, and besides its a hard sell looking at the position of his car, and where her bike was in her lane to say she hit him...what a jackass.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
I am pleased to hear that things turned out correct on the physical end for her & fortunately to the video as 100% proof, but also she has the hrs on the bikes to make her a good rider.

Just hope that said junker rider has insurance to pay for damages to the bike, rider protective gear & such.

Also pleased that it went to the public to show the wrong doings of cage drivers.

·
Registered
892 Posts
you can tell that the biker is female because there wasnt enough footage of that bystanders titties! lol i'm such a pig

1 - 18 of 18 Posts