Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the first motorcycle ever built in this country. What was the year, country, and the name of the model.

·
Registered
386 Posts
looks like a brand new 2003 Dune Rider, manufactured in wonderful Afghanistan, notice how they're up on the most recent trends of aerodynamics and styling coupled with a massive, powerful state-of-the-art 30cc single stroke engine. ;]

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was very funny cmd954, but sorry it is the wrong answer. I suppose a little clue would be helpful.

It was manufactured in 1901.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I was just being silly, it's the 1901 "Single", with a whopping 1.75hp engine, it was made by indian [edit] i THINK that was the first motorcycle ever... pretty good chance i'm wrong [/edit]

·
Registered
137 Posts
It looks like the very first french model that everyone copied,I think it was from 1889. There where 5 or 6 Mfg.'s that started in 1901 --- unfortunatly the military server I'm hiding behind will not let me open a lot of stuff I search for:crying:

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Its the 1901 Rossia, first motorcycle produced in Russia.

"It's the "Rossia", produced in the city of Riga in the 1901 by a bicycle's factory founded by a German immigrant, Alexander Leitner. It was equipped with a Fafnir single-cylinder engine, four stroke, 247 cc, and 1,75 hp; no gearbox, no clutch, total weight 52 kg. It's remarkable that this bike has the engine mounted in the low position."

Source: http://digilander.libero.it/cuoccimix/ENGLISH-Automotorusse9-O(altre%20case).htm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts