Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally purchased my first bike, tho its not a sport bike by any means. its a 1981 Yamaha maxim 650, great condition with only 15k on it for $300!! I just want to learn on this bike and move up to a sportbike asap! Just wanted to post and say hi! I have really enjoyed reading the posts on this wonderful forum.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Congrats and welcome! :cheers:

Wow, finally a newbie doing something smart for a change. You'll learn a lot on that bike. And when you're done, you'll be able to sell it for what you bought it for. (maybe even more- that was a real steal)

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
The bike you have purchased was a darn good bike in its time. With the low milage on it you should learn a lot. Go over things like tyres, battery, if the fuel tanks has no rust in it, check the f/forks to no leaking oil & such. Once things are up to snuff then you should enjoy it.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I had an 82 Maxim 750....great bikes and loads of fun...congrats and welcome :cool:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for the comments! I have ridden about 200 miles so far on it and its a blast! The sportbike I am currently looking at is either an sv650 or sv1000. I really love the looks and from what I hear, not bad on insurance either.

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
Welcome :cheers: And love the first bike selection. Don't rush that change-up, though :2cents:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts