Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, not to be outdone by Tug having the last accident of 2002, I claim the first of this year. One hour ago I was proceeding gingerly along Stevens Road in the wet when a Pizza Hut scooter pulled out of Fernhill Road into my path. His right met my left, he went down though I kept it upright. No-one injured. His scooter has one more dent; my new race fairing is now very tatty and the left airduct shattered. At least it wasn't my newly repainted original bodywork.

The twat said he saw I was in the left lane so decided to head straight into the right lane.

How does insurance work in Singapore - can I claim off Pizza Hut's insurance and keep my NCB?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Extra cheese for me ...thanks

Hey 1-4 glad to see you managed to catch him up and get his details.;)

I have it on good authority that these Pizza scooters actually don't have any insurance.

I understand anyone who suffers financial loss due to one of these guys is merely offered extra free toppings for a period based on the severity of the accident.:p

Therefore, would it be too much of an imposition if I ordered my home deliveries through you in future:p cheers

I trust my advice is useful :p

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Hard luck 1 for

If your making a third party claim your NCB should be ok. You will probably have to take it to Sing Ming for inspection and then get an estimate from an authorised workshop.

Good luck and mine is a sausage stuffed crust:)

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Re: Hard luck 1 for

Ya poor basterd ..... just as well you kept it up though otherwise you would be even more pissed.

I suggest you forget about the NCB and shite and just go through your insurance co to get it fixed. They will chase up either the other fella, or the other fella's insurance to be reimbursed (provided he has some).

After all ... the whole idea of insurance is to be assured that such incidents won't ruin your day.

Having said that I expect that here, with the typical level of service expected, especially from insurers .... you are basically farked. You will have to fill out reams of forms, your bike will be off the road for months, they will charge you your excess even though it was not your fault ... and you'll lose ALL your NCB unless you point out to the twat that processes it for you, that he has made a mistake.

You gotta love it sometimes !!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts