Sportbike World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lady drove out in front of me today when she was pulling out of a gas station. I hit the brakes hard but still could not stop in time and brushed the front of her truck. The only damage to my bike was a broken blinker and a crack on the fairing around the blinker. I am ok, just my pride is hurt a little bit. I consider my self very lucky and thanked a special someone a few times.

I wanted to tell this story, so maybe it will help someone remember to pay extra attention to the cagers.

ride safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Ugh...was she eating Burger King, talking on the phone and steering with her knees? I got just about run off the road on I-75 by one of those....pulled into my lane and never checked her blind spot.

Glad to hear you're ok! :thumb: Could have been worse.

Jen

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Glad to hear it was only a "brush". Certainly no need for your pride to be hurt. Rather, you should be commending yourself for being able to minimise the accident. :thumb:

kawigirl_636 - I never ride in anyone's blind spot. I'm either behind them or in front of them. The only time I ride beside a cage is when I'm passing, even on a multi-lane road.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
cookeetree said:
Glad to hear it was only a "brush". Certainly no need for your pride to be hurt. Rather, you should be commending yourself for being able to minimise the accident. :thumb:

kawigirl_636 - I never ride in anyone's blind spot. I'm either behind them or in front of them. The only time I ride beside a cage is when I'm passing, even on a multi-lane road.

I was passing....did you think I would just sit there in someone's blind spot? :rolleyes: Hell, I've had them do it right NEXT to me....no blind spot there.

Jen

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the kind words. I didnt mean that I was down on myself for it happening, used the wrong choice of words. I think of it as a well learned experience. Again thanks for all the encouraging (SP?) replies.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
jmood599 said:
You didn't have your berreta ready to blow out the bitches tire? just kidding, glad you are ok. :D
LOL to funny.

Actually the berettaready name is because of my car. I own a Chevy Beretta Z26.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts