Sportbike World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i'm glad to say my boy has his balls back!

(he has previously castrated at 5000ft)

thats all i wanted to say....its a good feeling :thumbs2:

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I think he's talking about the loss of atmospheric pressure at high altitudes negatively affecting performance of the internal combustion engine.

If not, something is really wrong here.:)

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
It is when you get to 8,500' & higher that a carb operated bike begins to loose its punch unless you do some carb tuning. We noticed this when competiting in Observed Trials & though I changed the main jet & needle position of my Greeves it simply did not have the pull of the Bultaco Sherpa T bikes.

·
Registered
526 Posts
for smitty

Hey smitty you any wheres near vancouver. I might have to be making a trip for work that way in the spring and you could hook me up with some roads.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
No I am in the lower central part of the Interior of B.C., called the Okanagan Valley. So some hours from the greater Vancouver area & I try to stay clear of the heavy traffic of Vancouver.

In fact last time I was in Vancouver area was way, way back in '77 & was the coach with a senior High School Wrestling Team--the winners of the B.C. Interior to take on other B.C. area teams for the B.C. Championship. I would be just as lost as you if I entered greater Vancouver.

If I was going across the border, from Cdn, then it would be travelling on hwy 97 that also is in the States.

Here my home is at 2,700' level & the 8,500' was in Alberta when competiting in the Cdn series of the World Championship for Observed Trials many yrs back, like when Greeves, Bultaco, Montesa, Osso, & DOT (also Ariel, BSA, AJS & Triumph were still competitive four-stroke 350 to 500cc Trials irons) were popular bikes & Jpn bikes were many yrs away from said year.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Yes cookee for I am around 35-40 miles south of Kelowna so just south down the hwy 97. The actual town is called Summerland so easy to pass for one goes though something about S'land then Trout Creek (a part of S'land) & next thing they know they are rolling into the small city of Penticton go though it & with a few miles you hit 3A that takes you to Hwy 3 heading West & a lot of twisties towards Vancouver.

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Smitty said:
Yes cookee for I am around 35-40 miles south of Kelowna so just south down the hwy 97...
It just so happens that Mrs Tree and I will be flying into Kelowna, on our way to Big White, in the middle of March. We'll be in Big White for a week, then fly back out of Kelowna.

It would be great if we could maybe catch up for a quick "G'day!"

(PS - Sorry for the off-topic conversation.)

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cookeetree said:
Anywhere near Kelowna???
my folks live in kelowna :)

and yes i was talking about the altitude affecting my performance. i lost like 15-20% of my power it was a sad 4 months. I'm in Covina, CA now and lovin it

·
Registered
526 Posts

I'm only at 5200ft and the from the changes from florida to here I lost a shit load of power even after rejetting all my bikes

1 - 11 of 11 Posts