Sportbike World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I hit the deer in august last year, I turned it into a streetfighter for a while. Took me a while to fix the farings and finally getting it back to gether with the new gloss black paint job. I have to say, it was well worth it. This is what the bike currently looks like, but isn't the fully finished product. I'm planning on painting the whole exposed frame to flat black with some other small cosmetic changes too.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't paint the bike. A friend of mine did it for me. Paid him 225 bucks for the pain t job. I did the prep and helped him out in the paint booth. but he did the painting. I learned a lot of shit from him and planning on gettin my own equipment soon to paint the gixxer.

If your close up to the paint job you can see small imperfections, but I can't expect much for paying so little for a paintjob. But if you walk 5 ft away, its very glossy. I have to still do some waxing and polishing

·
Registered
892 Posts
thats one of the nicest f2's i've seen in a while...most dont recover from the streetfighter phase.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Heh, your friend want to work on my 750? He does nice work and the price sounds great.

Bike looks fantastic. But it is missing the rack from the deer:D Shoulda mounted that thing.

Sepias

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Meat_Shield said:
thats one of the nicest f2's i've seen in a while...most dont recover from the streetfighter phase.
Thanks. Yeah, I wasn't really planning on making the bike looking this nice, but since I took the time to repair the farings and fiberglass them, my friend said he'd paint the bike for cheap. So I just went for it.

I think I'll be keeping the F2 for quite a while now.

For references, this was the streetfigther phase of the F2.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
It'll look cleaner if you take the wheels off.

·
Registered
892 Posts
LOL! i was thinking the same thing! then i scrolled down and saw that u said it vash lol.

dude take the pegs off ...ok...but put ur pipe back on. there is good loud and bad loud. get a D&D if u want loud.

·
Registered
746 Posts
JBaz, my buddy has a '93 and I can't find how to take the damn seat off. The only key slot was for the helmet holder so I'm at a loss. Granted I only looked for abvout 5 minutes but damn, how hard can it be?

Help me out here...

-M-

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I test drove the F2 around. I like the look, but hate the sound. Sounds mean at idle, but damn, when you give it gas, sounds like a midget humming with a vibrator stuck in his throat with pieces of metal.

Well, this is a good time to paint the brackets black now.

To take the seat off on the F2, you need to take the two rear side farings off first. Then the seat is bolted down by 2 bolts (each on one side) about in the middle of the seats. They should be size 12mm.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Already did, I only had the pipe off for a day and hated the noise. Everytime I leaned over to either side, the noise from the straight pipe is so damn loud that it gives me a headache in the middle of the lean.

Someone on the cbr forums suggested to make a custome center pipe and I'm like... I have a 600RR too... I just need to get that engine fixed. Stupid stunting accidents.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts