Sportbike World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
well....

let me know your size and experience. some petite gals can handle a powerfull machine and other cannot. It is all up to the individual.
I think starting out with a 250cc (ie. the Kawasaki Ninja) would be great. But you might be bored of it, so the next progressive step up would be a 500cc, also by kawasaki.
I would not recommend getting a 600cc yet unless you are above 5 foot 5 inches.
this is my two cents.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
well well well

So then get what appeals to you :eek: I know a really awesome track only F2 that will be for sale in a few weeks. Interested :confused:

·
Registered
17 Posts
stop your whining

sportbikegal said:
thank u for your two cents :eek: as a matter of fact, kawasakis dont really appeal to me :barf:
hey why do kawasakis not appeal to you? :rolleyes:
these are good entry level sport bikes for beginners. You are only a newbie just like most of us, so it doesn't really matter what you ride on.
So what do you like, huh? honda's :D or buells :hurl: ?

Maybe if you're in town, I can take you out for a 'ride';) on me. ops. I mean my CBR F4i.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Look for a used Suzuki Bandit 400. Great bike for petite people, Asian girls or otherwise. No plastic to break when you drop it and great handling, power and brakes. Put a Cafe fairing on it and it is fun to tour on. Might never outgrow it.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
stoinkythepig said:
Look for a used Suzuki Bandit 400. Great bike for petite people, Asian girls or otherwise. No plastic to break when you drop it and great handling, power and brakes. Put a Cafe fairing on it and it is fun to tour on. Might never outgrow it.
add the honda cb-1 to that list as well. el bandito had a cool ducati monster look (though the monster wasn't out yet). but the cb-1 has a modern ujm look that fits it well. btw, don't confuse the 400cc 4-cylinder cb-1 with the later cb1000.

the aprilia rs50 maybe...

·
Registered
3,644 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
What about an early 90's CBR The seat hight is lower than the current models. There are also the early 90's Yamahas. I beleive they were called Genesis in 600cc or 400cc. All are good choices if you really have to have a bike with a full fairing. Katanas would also fit in there.

Going with a standard or naked bike like the bandit or CB is a good idea. There isnt a fairing to break when you drop it. Dont forget the riding gear and an MSF course also.

Matt

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm a petite Asian guy, and actually the Ninja 500R is abolutely f***ing fantastic. It's pretty fly looking, compared to most other beginner bikes, and I've gotten a fair amount of looks. From girls though, which probably isn't what you're gunning for though ;) I highly reccommend that you give the 500R another look over.

·
Some days are like this.
3,132 Posts
I agree with NSteve.. this topic has been discussed (actually, more like beat to death) in the "Women Riders" forum. There are a lot of us short girls running around, many beginners and just looking for "the right bike".

If you have not already done so, and are serious about learning to ride, take the MSF course.

If, however, you are just looking for a bike to ride on the back of... I suggest match.com.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
banpei said:
I'm a petite Asian guy, and actually the Ninja 500R is abolutely f***ing fantastic. It's pretty fly looking, compared to most other beginner bikes, and I've gotten a fair amount of looks. From girls though, which probably isn't what you're gunning for though ;) I highly reccommend that you give the 500R another look over.
hey thanks for your advice. do u hv a pict of Ninja 500R to show me, since you highly recommended it?btw, where are u from? how do i pronounce your name?

·
Registered
17 Posts
adjust suspension

If you're just a few inches short', you might be able to ride any sportsbike and have the suspension altered to your height.

This is always between certain limits of course. If this is possible, a whole new scope of bikes may be available to you! :cool:

Most japanese people are ways smaller than us, and they manafacture great machines.
They aren't really midgets...

Good luck!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts