Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A recent post made me do it.;) The only photos of my bike that I own thanks to a track photographer. I've used several of these in different posts recently.

One post in particular, encouraging guys to take their street bike to the track, was lost in the BIG CRASH of '03.;) The point of that post was, you don't need the latest and greatest to go out and have fun on the track. If your bike's in good working order with good tires, you can go out and run faster than you ever have, in a reasonably safe environment, and improve your riding skills. All that while having the most fun possible! There really is no reason not to give it a go.:thumb: :)

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
Encouraging as it is, the only thing stopping me from a track day or track class is $. That requires wife approval and availability.

Whenever I do have the funding, I'll post lots o' questions to the Track forum.

Like the pics, Dad. 'bout blinkin' time ;)

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,437 Posts
Great pics Dad!

Unfortunately I am in the same boat as kanwisch, only I don't even have money to get a bike yet. :(

And I'm not even going to consider trying to take that f&%$ing Buell Blast to a track. :laughing:

Hopefully in '04 the Mrs. and I will get back on two wheels. :cool:

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
slaintedan said:
Great pictures! :thumbs2:

Dad, I was thinking of a new paint scheme for your bike... You should paint it like a dinosaur. I feel the explanation is self-explanatory...I thank you. ;)
That's what dinosaurs DID look like. You guys go to a couple museums, read a few books, get the opinion of what some college educated, glorified ditch digger geologist thinks it MIGHT have looked like, and now you know it all. Did you ever think to ask someone who was there?! NOOOO..... ya' prick.:mad: :p :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :thumbs2:

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,437 Posts
Dad said:
That's what dinosaurs DID look like. You guys go to a couple museums, read a few books, get the opinion of what some college educated, glorified ditch digger, geologist thinks it MIGHT have looked like, and now you know it all. Did you ever think to ask someone who was there?! NOOOO..... ya' prick.:mad: :p :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :thumbs2:
:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::thumb:

·
Registered
139 Posts
slaintedan said:
Great pictures! :thumbs2:

Dad, I was thinking of a new paint scheme for your bike... You should paint it like a dinosaur. I feel the explanation is self-explanatory...I thank you. ;)
Sorry... It was funny. I tried not to laugh. I bet you laughed a min or two before you replied too, huh Dad?

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Dad said:
That's what dinosaurs DID look like. You guys go to a couple museums, read a few books, get the opinion of what some college educated, glorified ditch digger geologist thinks it MIGHT have looked like, and now you know it all. Did you ever think to ask someone who was there?! NOOOO..... ya' prick.:mad: :p :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :thumbs2:

You're right, I've been a bit presumptuous with my college degree and cable TV, I thought I knew it all. So, being the amazing resource you are, can you tell me if Jesus was as cool as all those bumper stickers say he was and does he really love me?

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,437 Posts
slaintedan said:
You're right, I've been a bit presumptuous with my college degree and cable TV, I thought I knew it all. So, being the amazing resource you are, can you tell me if Jesus was as cool as all those bumper stickers say he was and does he really love me?
Does he love me love me, or does he just love me? I'm so confused. :(

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,437 Posts
slaintedan said:
Ask Dad, they grew up together.
Grew up together? Shit, Dad knows what really happened with that whole "Immaculate Conception" thing....:eek:

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
slaintedan said:
I'm not sure. He's down at the "Cherubs Gone Wild" shoot in Rio right now but I'll ask him at the 1,971st dinner reunion coming up in "old town". It's entirely possible. He's crazy like that!

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
spicersh said:
Grew up together? Shit, Dad knows what really happened with that whole "Immaculate Conception" thing....:eek:
Joe wasn't any too happy. Had to call the centurion and his legion to settle that domestic. Ran Gabe out of town, they did.;)

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
BikesRToyz said:
Sorry... It was funny. I tried not to laugh. I bet you laughed a min or two before you replied too, huh Dad?
Have you ever seen the Mel Brooks documentary, "History of the World"? Well, Moses did drop the third tablet and the first thing on it was, "XI: Thou shalt not make fun of short old fat guys on old bikes". Ignorance of the law is no defense.;)

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
spicersh said:
Does he love me love me, or does he just love me? I'm so confused. :(
You're OK. He does want you to show a little more compassion on that drug thing, though.:p God, I'm good!:D :D

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,437 Posts
Dad said:
You're OK. He does want you to show a little more compassion on that drug thing, though.:p God, I'm good!:D :D
:laughing:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts