Sportbike World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I finally got around to getting pics. So far I've gotten 1400 miles on it in about a month. It's been a blast so far. This is my first sportbike although I did have brief experience with a 150cc bike for a few months before this. Need to get a few things for it though. Needs a new rear tire,brakes, and general tune up(only getting 80-100miles on a full tank which is just under 5 gallons).Also need a speedo healer and would like to get a power commander for it.Anyways here are the pics.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Nice bike. Is it usually for new bikes to get gas milage that low or are you just running it at real high RPMs? I'm just curious, I'm a new rider and trying to figure everything out.

Sepias

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SepiasSoul said:
Nice bike. Is it usually for new bikes to get gas milage that low or are you just running it at real high RPMs? I'm just curious, I'm a new rider and trying to figure everything out.

Sepias
I honestly couldn't say. I don't know what the problem is. I do ride it hard, really hard. But it should still be getting better mileage:dunno:

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
SepiasSoul said:
Is it usually for new bikes to get gas milage that low or are you just running it at real high RPMs?
That is very poor gas mileage. Even if you run a bike at high rpms you shouldn't be getting that low mileage. Unless maybe you're running track days..

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
It's is probably just because oil needs to be changed, replace rear tire, and air filter and oil filter. Same thing happend on mine, turned out, there was a whole dead dragonfly stuck to the air filter and bunch of other dirts.

·
Registered
47 Posts
IS that a full yoshi? nicely done, they sound great eh?

That's a pretty big bike for your first one, have fun and be safe.

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
Might need to get that pup looked at, by a qualified tech..you should be getting way over 150 miles per tank...

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
SS when breaking in a new bike they do use up far more fuel then say the highway basically it top gear. The lower gears & riding the revs up & down really do use up the fuel.

One time I was riding my '00 Honda 929 & suddenly the tank ran empty when going up a steep section. Could not believe it for I usually get 290Klicks before & have to aim for a fuel station & the bike was only readting 264Klicks THEN the light came on in that I had been doing a lot of back road stuff which meant a lof of 1st to 4th cog & rarely 5th cog.
--------------------------------
Smith you have a darn good looking bike. Are the frame sliders all metal, if so remember they will be stinking hot, for sometimeafter you have stopped & shut off the engine, so keep your hands clear of them. Mind if not then do not fret.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts