Sportbike World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a 2000 cbr600. The bike has 6000 miles and is in perfect shape. I pick it up in monday for $4400. Thanks for all the help with answering all the questions on all the bikes that i have been looking at.

·
Registered
471 Posts
newrider78 said:
I found a 2000 cbr600. The bike has 6000 miles and is in perfect shape.
1. congrats on the bike! i'm sure you'll have lots of fun on it.

2. 6000 miles for a 2000! wtf? do these people never ride? my most recent bike is a 2004 R6 that i picked up the last week of April 2004...i just hit 6000 miles on that today :)

-chr|s sedition

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Lots of buyers are really buying a m/c for a fad & within a month or two the fad simply fades away. So on to their next fad or what ever.

I have seen many a bike a year or two old & still not the 600 miles on it for first check-up or at times you will find one with possibly 2000--4000 thousand miles on it.

Sometimes one has to wonder about those on the net & asking said strange questions OBVIOUSLY knowing sweet beans all about m/cs or what is required to ride a m/c & survive.

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
Congrats on the bike! A 2000 F4 is what both my wife and I learned to ride on. Very fun bike! :thumb: :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The guy I'm getting the bike from is selling the one his wife rode. She didn't ride much and is pregnant now so thats why he is selling it. I'm picking it up later today, can't wait.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I bought my bike 01 R6 with 8182 miles on it. that was march of 04. I thought the millage was kind of high since when I was shopping for bikes I's see 3k some 4k. Hardley anything over 5k. I did enought reading to realize that millage is not a factor really. Since march of 04 I have doubled the miles and some my OD shows over 17k now. So that is not quite 9k miles in about 5 months.

Get out and Ride. Be safe and have fun.

And for all you nazi first bike people. This is my first street bike

·
Some days are like this.
3,132 Posts
newrider78 said:
The guy I'm getting the bike from is selling the one his wife rode. She didn't ride much and is pregnant now so thats why he is selling it. I'm picking it up later today, can't wait.
I'd kick my husband's ass if he sold my bike because he knocked me up! :mad:

That said: congrats on the new ride! :thumbs2:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yeah I paid $4500 for my '01 F4i, only 6500 miles on it when I bought it... in the 3 months time I've put 1k miles on it so far... fun huh?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts