Sportbike World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sad stuff... and sounds preventable. Reminds me of the Pinto problems (yes, I'm old).

·
Registered
28 Posts
While driving down Chandler Blvd. I saw the news helicopter and decided to go around, but I had no idea what happened.

There is no reason why Ford, after acknowledging that in some rare but foreseeable events the gas tank will explode, would not take steps to alter the design to solve the problem. Retrofit current Crown Vics and redesign later Crown Vics. This is typical Ford :finger: (other car manufacturers probably do the same though). Build a vehicle that has been shown to react poorly in a certain environment, recognize that, then try to hide it rather than fix it. (Wanna discuss the Bronco and Explorer?)

Enough of that. I am sorry to see another officer down. RIP.

·
Registered
190 Posts
OH, NO!!!

My heart goes out to him and to his family. RIP.:(

My brother-in-law was a state trooper, and his cruiser was a Crown Vic. Luckily, after high speed chases and roll overs, he didn't suffer the AZ officer's fate, and is still around to talk about it.

Scary stuff...

·
Registered
865 Posts
Very sad....

This is first I have heard of this happening to Crown Vics.....

·
Registered
100 Posts
sad..

THat's a shitty story..I feel horrible for his family..Tough break that guy had..AND it just goes to show that OLD PEOPLE CAN"T DRIVE (meaning the ones over 60) That crash should have never happened and he should have been able to go home to his family..Stupid old lady.!!!

I have the same risk with my 98 Golf..They did a few tests and it was shown that if hit in the right spot in a side collision my gas tank explodes...Crazy shit..Momma dukes saw that on NIghtline or something like 4 months after I bought it..But I am still here..so....

·
Registered
860 Posts
That is such a horrible story. my heart goes out to the family. but damn when does this shit stop. **** that really pisses me off when do we as humans stop becoming "acceptable loses" to those damn billon dollar industries. ford and many other car producers know that there are problems with there cars and NOTHING about it. i guess to them a human life isnt worth the lil bit of money to fix the problem. cars and motorcycles for that matter are almost a necity[sp]to all of us.every day we get into those cars and put our lives in each auto makers hands. we pay ungodly high amounts for these peices of crap and this is what we get we get to die in a burning automobile:mad: .
i hope that something good will come out of this for the family and many other police officers. i know police get a hard rap around here but i and many others never wish death or hurt upon any one. they do a good job and for that im gratefull.

as for this old lady i think there should be serious laws about elderly drivers who should have to take some kind of driving school after a certain age, but this will never because most of our politicians are pushing these ages. i cant count how many close calls that ive had with these old drivers i think just about every one here can attest to one time or another when they had to avoid getting nailed by some old guy/lady in a cady that they cant even see over the stearing wheel.:finger:

·
Registered
137 Posts
just in AZ and saw it on the news

older chevy trucks have the tank between the frame and the skin, so a good T-bone shot on the drivers side is all it takes-many people have burned too death:( :( :( :( the design is ok now-but they have'nt bought all the bad ones up!--if they did, i might be impressed enough to go out and by one.

no one at home has heard of it-I wonder how many more people have to be hurt or killed before it gets the same kind of attention nation wide.If people actually had to be responsible for the things they do (or don't do)this might be a nice place to buzz around the sun on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts