Sportbike World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After replacing the sprockets and chain, both sets of brake pads, stainless rear brake line, and a new air filter, I finally got to test out my new bike. I have to say, it totally kicks a$$. Comparing it to my 91 YZ250, it handles and runs waaaay better.
I took it back to the corn fields and let her rip. Sucked up the bumps and the ruts SO WELL it was kinda of scary. The brakes were smooth and predictable. I also appreciated the wide foot pegs. Made it much more pleasurable to ride. I was standing the whole time with my knees slightly bent, and thighs lightly hugging the tank, of course. ;-) The true test was to turn it off and on multiple times without restart problems. Passed THAT one with flying colors! Rode it hard for about hour and got it NICE and MUDDY. :) Clearly lighter, tighter and more dependable than the "old iron".
Now all I have to do is practice some more and get those muscles back into shape. :)

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Glad to see you finally have it out. Isn't it funny how tired those muscles get if you don't ride for a while:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts