Sportbike World banner

Fender Eliminators

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  mashuri 
#1 ·
Anyone know of any good fender elim kits besides, Comp. werkes, eurobikes, Texas Fairings?

evol-B

------------------
y2k GSX-R 750
yellow n black

#2 ·
I've had a production fender eliminator kit in the past (from Two Brothers ~$125.00).

Honestly, a Dremel and/or a hack saw is the best (and cheapest) way to go. Unless your going for the full euro tail rear end, the kits are REALLY not worth the money. Just take your time and hack it! :)

If you must have one, here is one lead for ya: www.twobros.com

------------------
Kyle J.-
email:Kyle@sportbikeworld.com

#3 ·
here's what I did on my gsxr.

I took one dremel and sawed the bottom of my big fender off.

Then I took the license plate mount and turned it up-side-down to pull the plate up higher to the light, but maintain a fairly stock look. I then bent the plate upwards a bit. In PA, we have white plates and if teh sun reflexes off them, they can white-out the tail-light. And I want people to see me stopping.

As for tail enclosures, I don't like them as much on GSXR's, so rather than pay $300 or whatever they cost, mine was basically free.

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

[This message has been edited by cbrf2boy (edited July 07, 2000).]

#4 ·
Texas Fairings will take FOREVER to build/ship you their product. Customer Service is not their strong suit.

I think that you are looking for more than a fender eliminator. I am assuming that you want the entiire bottom half of the fairing to be finished out.

I would suggest Eurobikes, but then again they are very PROUD of their product.

I would suggest the custom kit by Dremmel and Sand Paper.

Good Luck

------------------
GSX-R750 -- If speed kills, do brakes give life?

G
#5 ·
Gonna move this over to the "How Do I" forum.

Thanks.

------------------
Pete
"Ultimately, most problems can be solved by applying a large brick to the correct skull. Difficulties arise when you don't have a brick or can't find the the right skull. The Devil is always in the details."

#6 ·
I got a comp werkes kit and evn though it is flawless, it costs way too much for how simple it is. 95 bucks for some cheap sheet metal....come on. But then I remember that I blow $5 all the time at KFC; a little less chicken and I might have some new tires.

TRevor

------------------

#7 ·
Does anyone have or know where I can find some pics of a "hack" job? I get the idea but i would like to see someone elses before I "hack" mine.

Thanks for the info so far.

evol-B

------------------
y2k GSX-R 750
yellow n black

#8 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by evol-B:
Does anyone have or know where I can find some pics of a "hack" job?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here's my hack job: http://luv2ridefast.sportbikeworld.com

and click on the link to see more pictures of my F4, there's one of the back after I did it. Hacked it with a saw and sand paper. Made a template from the existing sides of the fender before cutting them off and traced it at the height I wanted the hack job. Cut on the lines and then sanded it down to make it look "finished". Took off my license plate light and drilled new screw holes for the plate and it was easy and VERY cheap. :D

------------------
Stacia
Co-Admin
'00 CBR F4 (the faster, silver/red model)
"Objects in mirror no longer matter!"

#9 ·
evol,

i'll try to get some shots of mine soon. probably not for a week

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

#10 ·
Cut mine of with a Dremel and sanded the edges. Looks much better now. Sorry, no pics yet. :(

------------------
1999 Blue/White YZF-R1: 2 Bros. C4 exhaust, Dynojet jet kit, timing tricker, dyno-tuned by Graves
2000 NBM/Lt Oak int/Blk top C5 Convertible - MN6, Z51, Vortex Rammer, A&A Exhaust, C/R X-pipe, Corsa tips, !CAGS

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.