Sportbike World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Take a look at these. They were some of the cheaper ones I've seen.

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
Link 4
Link 5

These are just a few I found, they all look pretty good and are on the cheaper end. Sice you just bought the bike I doubt your looking to shell out to much on an eliminator.

Sepias

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks sepias, i appreciate it. and yes and no on the price issue, i only like to do things once, so if i find one i like, i'll just have to save a bit before i get it. :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hell, I still like the jig-saw idea...

worked great on my Superhawk, and the plate covers up the (very slightly) rough edge....:D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i had considered the jiggsaw idea (i did it on my last bike), but ive looked at this one and it seems it would be quite a bit more messy. for one thing its curved and a bit thicker than my last one, plus i cant really see what i would bolt the license plate too once i trimmed it

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
My liscense plate is held on with wire ties:D The actual mount for my lisense plate rubs against my rear tire. Just punch two small holes were you cut off the fender up to the rear seat cavity and your golden. Total cost $0.00:twofinger

Sepias

·
Registered
66 Posts
heres a few pics of how i did mine, actually extremely easy. seeing as i had 2 studs on the underside of the tail that weren't doing much.... i drilled some holes in the plate, bent it a little and tada! instant fender eliminator, since the pic, i have actually installed a LED light for the plate, to be legal that is. enjoy.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I like that but you dont have turn signals for the rear now? is that legal/safe...and how did you put the LED light in, I might want to do that to mine. Will it void my warranty by messing with electrical?
Sorry for all the ?'s first time owning a brand new bike...

·
Registered
66 Posts
in the picture i don't have it installed, but since i took the pic i installed an intigrated tail light. (blinkers in the tail light) and the led sits off to the side, all i had to do for that is drill a hole in some plastic and it sticks on woith double sided, as for warrenty...not sure, i did cut and splice all fatory clips from the stock electric components to the new stuff, so it looks professional under the tail.

The LED is wired right into the factory tail light wires with the factory clips.

you may want to ask about your warrenty, i always assumed warrenties only mattered on mechanical issues.

·
Registered
237 Posts
doesn't the 2006 GSXR have integrated signals in the back as well as the front? You might as well just go buy some aluminum and fab yourself a bracket or somethen rather than spend 100+

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yes it does have integrated turn signals, which i like for that very reason, i dont have to take them off and replace them. and actually, its funny you mentioned the aluminum thing, bc thats actually exactly what i was gonna do. i figured i could go by home depot or similar and figure somethign out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Fender Eliminator

Go on ebay type in Suzuki and Fender Eliminator. I got my R1 eliminator from Sport Bike Creations about $60.00.

Good Luck

See mine in the pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Fender Eliminator

Go on ebay type in Suzuki and Fender Eliminator. I got my R1 eliminator from Sport Bike Creations about $60.00.

Good Luck

See mine in the pic.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts