Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me where to get a Joe Rocket Speedmaster Boot Size 13, BLue/Black?

Everywhere I ask, they only go to Size 12, and I'm almost a 14.

:cussing; LOL, thanks.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Can you please not disrespect the women here on sportbikeworld with such a cheesy pickup line, All us size tens have far to much respect for them to ever believe that it will work:twofinger :twofinger :twofinger

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn! I really want boots, and saw that someone replied. Only thing is, I was hoping the reply was HELPFUL.

For the first time I really meant it.... :twofinger post whore!

:)

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
This may not be true, but I seem to recall a buddy of mine who walks on a set of land barges saying that Oxtar was the only one who had boots in ocean going sizes. :eek: Hope that helps.:)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn! $299 for the only one I'd get... yikes. Those boots look SICK tho. Sick.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
jab said:
Can you please not disrespect the women here on sportbikeworld with such a cheesy pickup line, All us size tens have far to much respect for them to ever believe that it will work:twofinger :twofinger :twofinger
ROTFLMAO :thumb: :laughing:

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
You could always try binding your feet. Worked for ancient China....:thumb:

Really though, maybe you should lower your aesthetic standards. You're talking about leaving your bike a little scratched and banged up, so why does it matter if you have the newest, shiniest, and most expensive boots? :2cents:

·
Registered
925 Posts

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
jab said:
If shoe size correlated with penis size, could you imagine the cock on a clown?

There just aren't enough "cock on a clown" jokes anymore.

Sorry about the :topic:

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
As the late 'Fats' Waller (jazz pianoist) would sing "But Sam your feets to big".

Know what you are going through for I was in the shoe/boots business (actually a sport shop the specialized in mountaineering & skiing equipment) & in Banff National Park in Alberta Canada I had to fit the Wardens & later on the RCMP with climbing & ski boots. Brought in up to size 15 & once it came to size 12 & up I narrowed the width. Basically if one has short feet they are wide while longer are narrower. Fortunately I was able to fit them all properly.

Some yrs ago size 9 was most common in men, but now it is size 11 with the young kids to even larger, 12 to 14, as Elvis has pointed out. I am amazed that the shoe/boot people do not realize this OR possibly the people handeling stock will only order a few in size 12 thinking so many are like themselves being size 8 or 9. I take a size 11C which does not jive with 11EEE being way to wide. Arch of the foot is another point many people do not understand.

True some men with size 6 to 6.5 can actually have a real narrow B width. So they need to pay extra to have the specific size. Like women with a AAA in Lord knows what length & when it came to skiing boots or climbing boots they had to be custom made at a ghastly price.

Looks like you are going to have to shop around & be ready to pay a high price Elvis. Sorry, but that is how life is.

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Speaking of clowns

spicersh said:
If shoe size correlated with penis size, could you imagine the cock on a clown?

There just aren't enough "cock on a clown" jokes anymore.

Sorry about the :topic:
Sir Basil: What is that [that scares you]?
Austin Powers: Carneys, circus folk.

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
spicersh said:
You could always try binding your feet. Worked for ancient China....:thumb:

Really though, maybe you should lower your aesthetic standards. You're talking about leaving your bike a little scratched and banged up, so why does it matter if you have the newest, shiniest, and most expensive boots? :2cents:
Yeah, heck you might even attract a few Asian men. Perhaps you could take some pics of yourself in full gear with your smaller feet and post the to some fetish sites. We might have a virtual celebrity on our hands.

And your fame started here. Elvis, just remember, always make them use a condom.:twofinger

·
Registered
517 Posts
now THAT is funny!

"Elvis, just remember, always make them use a condom"---bravo :thumb:

Not to accidentally steer this back on course, but a friend of mine just bought some Alpinestars boots that went up to a size 50. He claims he is actually a US14 and found the 50s too big. He settled for some 48s.

Outside of the bedroom Olympics, there's only one sport that purveys gear for guys with big "feet". Start saving money now for future footwear purchases.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Thanks aprilia, you were about the only person helpful.

I never said I wanted new ones either. I'm actually asking if they make boots my size. It's a serious question, and I'd like some protection if I could. You guys are WAY :topic:

:wtf: :bs: :dunno: :huh: :laughing:

Hey Aprilia, those SIDI's look good. How old are your boots and do they still look new?

·
Registered
925 Posts
Elvis said:

Hey Aprilia, those SIDI's look good. How old are your boots and do they still look new?
I got them sometime in June I think, and aside from the bug guts and a couple spots on the back where I hit the exhaust on my old bike, they still look like new. They keep my feet relatively dry when I get caught in the rain too. They`re actually not too bad to wear off the bike, either... I`ve worn them while working on the bike, helping people move shit and other stuff you wouldn`t think of doing in a sport boot, and they never really hurt my feet unless they were already sore when I put them on. However, I would try to find somewhere that sells them, and try them on, even if you have to put a size thats too small on, just to see how the width is on your foot, I tried on some Alpinestars (SMX I think) before hand and my feet were swimming in them, and they felt like it was made of steel the thing was so stiff.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
wantanaprilia said:
I tried on some Alpinestars (SMX I think) before hand and my feet were swimming in them, and they felt like it was made of steel the thing was so stiff.
That's very true. They aren't hiking boots for sure but on the bike they are fine. The ankle movement up and down is perfect for shifting and braking. The point of the stiffness in every other direction is for protection. I have a second pair of "touring" boots that are reasonable to walk in but offer nowhere near the protection. JMO

·
Registered
925 Posts
Dad said:
That's very true. They aren't hiking boots for sure but on the bike they are fine. The ankle movement up and down is perfect for shifting and braking. The point of the stiffness in every other direction is for protection. I have a second pair of "touring" boots that are reasonable to walk in but offer nowhere near the protection. JMO
Different strokes for different folks :thumb: Another reason I didn`t like the Alpinestars, is even though I tried on a size smaller than I should have, they were still way too big, so I got Sidis that were one size too big (no half sizes, so I took the bigger pair) and they fit just perfect. So I highly recommend you find a shop that has something in the brand you`re interested in, cause this is like tires, for every person you`ll have 5 different opinions on 1 pair of boots. Whatever you do get, I`m sure you`ll be happy with, there was a WORLD of difference between actual riding boots and normal boot/shoes I wore for like a week after I got the bike (had to wait for the next pay check to get the boots :rolleyes: ) Good luck :)

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
wantanaprilia said:
Different strokes for different folks :thumb: Another reason I didn`t like the Alpinestars, is even though I tried on a size smaller than I should have, they were still way too big, so I got Sidis that were one size too big (no half sizes, so I took the bigger pair) and they fit just perfect.
Funny you say that. When I was shopping (a few years ago) I had narrowed it down to Alpinestar SMX or Sidi Vertebrae. I was fortunate to find a shop who had both. I thought both were very equal in features and quality. The Sidi was too narrow for my wide foot and the Alpinestar was perfect. Between those two, foot width was the sole reason for my selection.

I've ridden about 60,000 miles in those boots and they have been excellent. They are starting to show some wear now and are getting ready for replacement. I also know guys who have gotten very good service from the Vertebrae.

In general, regardless of manufacturer, the higher the price, the more protection. The more protection, the worse for walking. Also, ANY sport boot is better than no boot or non-m.c. boot. Hope that helps.

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Dad said:
Funny you say that. When I was shopping (a few years ago) I had narrowed it down to Alpinestar SMX or Sidi Vertebrae. I was fortunate to find a shop who had both. I thought both were very equal in features and quality. The Sidi was too narrow for my wide foot and the Alpinestar was perfect. Between those two, foot width was the sole reason for my selection.
Wow, and I think your post is pretty surprising, because I had just the opposite experience. I wear 11 EEE in shoes, and found all the Alpinestars I could find were way too narrow. The Sidi's had just the right amount of space for my clown prints.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wow, actual imput about a serious question of mine! Not a bunch of morons talking about jackass crap, trying to crack joke after lame joke. I'm impressed.

:twofinger :twofinger :twofinger

1 - 20 of 31 Posts