Sportbike World banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Photo journals are always good! I'm particulalry interested in the fork work, since I'm about to do the same

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hah, we just replaced everything last night, never worked on a bike in our lives, between me and revelation... a bottle of cheap vodka, a pack of smokes, it got done pretty easily... the right tools helped.

had alot of fun working on it we took a few pictures of us drunk as hell with wrenches in hand and all that good stuff, absolutely a hilarious time indeed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Got all the photo's up and resized and all that goodness.

The work station, bike strapped into the back of my pickup. suprisingly easyer to work on that the floor.

The horribly fucked up oil cooler.

The old generator cover.

The new generator cover, ohh shiney.

The new coolant res and generator cover.

Old oil drain plug.

Ghetto oil pan.

The drunken fools who only would attempt such a feat at 3am in the morning... cheap vodka with cranberry and coffee mugs, keepin it gangsta.

im the fat one and im 17 and yes ladies, im available,the skinny spanish dude is revelation.

Whats this? What kind of mechanic shoes are these? haha damn caught in the act.

Man we had a ball last night, we got everything installed minus the fork seals that didnt come in the mail they are still MIA and hope to get them in as soon as possible. After we installed everything we spent 2 hours at 5am driving gas station to gas station to find some oil so we could start it up and see if everything was fixed, but alas, seriously 8 gas station and nothing. we found 1 quart of 15 40 out of them all... so lame.

revelation is gonna be mad that i posted this and not him, all i can say is SUCKAAA.

·
Registered
94 Posts
You forgot to list who was taking pictures, and helping you guys use the wrenches the correct way huh? lol.

·
Registered
17 Posts
oh uh yea, Sobez my brother was helping.

And by helping i mean getting to work on a totaly different part leaving, we see the part dangling, not knowing where or how he took it off.

and no, he refused to hold the flashlight.

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Glist3rin said:
...drunken fool...fat...

...yes ladies, im available...
Gee, with a pick-up line like that, how could they refuse? :twofinger ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
update, oils in, coolants in, battery is dead, damnit... jumping it with one of our chargers. seems like the engines flooded.

anyone have any suggestions as to why it wont start?

edit: im trying to verify we put enough oil in as we dont have the original manual and google seems to suck for this kinda search.. we put 4 quarts in... and the oil site level isnt showing anything.. really confused at the moment.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
The oil is fine...the level is good, after a few attempts at starting it, even giving it a few running starts it all works fine.

We thought it was a fuel problem but the fuel switch is on and we unhooked the fuel lines and the fuel is properly flowing...

Will check the spark plugs tomorow, any ideas as to where to trouble shoot?

Also, does it require a lot of work to get to the spark plugs?

·
Registered
17 Posts
We found out 1 of the sparkplugs was absolutely shot and the first cylinder ignition coil was torn and basicly fucked up.

trucked the bike down to the dealership today to get some new tires. got some new dunlops on it. dealership mechanics where giving me such dirty looks because had the fairings off and buncha exposed bullshit," you want new tires... on that?" and "damn, look at that... jesus" and "that rear wireharness is shot".... i mean all they could say was how the rear wiring harness was mangled and they where basicly implieing the bike was a piece of shit and could only crack on the rear wiring harness. really pissed me off... so i started telling them how we have been working on it for a week and is in better condition than it was 100 fold and they started dieing down in there comments.

so many new parts on that bike now its almost new besides the engine and frame it just looks ghetto, but will run mechanicly sound just like new. but anyways... 3 to 5 days until we can get the new ignition coil in :(... poor bike wants to see some action.

edit: forgot, picking up a 2005 ninja 250 for my brothers first bike on friday. congrats sobe :)

21 - 33 of 33 Posts