Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a little help. Found a bike for the right price for a street bike, but its been used on the track at least 50% of the time. Tell me if the value should be hurt because of that. Has under 1500mi for an '05.

It has *not* been down/crashed according to the owner (and I have no reason to doubt this).

Thoughts, comments, suggestions welcome.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hard to answer. By "track use" do you mean track days or racing? How hard was it ridden on the track and how well was it maintained?

Is it drilled for safety wire? Did the previous owner take his Sawzall to the subframe? Both of these can hurt you on the resale. On the other hand, if it's got aftermarket rearsets and clip-ons, and an assortment of sprockets (common track mods) those can add value.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Former race bike

750 race miles seems like quite a bit to me, I would definitely think that it should have an effect on depreciation.

With 750 miles of racing, that engine would have been flogged for HOURS. Thats almost like buying a used bike that ran the Daytona 200........4 times!

Good to see that you're thinking of getting back on board after the demise of your beloved 'ceptor. Best of luck Kanwisch!

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Only track mod on it now is Loraine front pads but track bodywork was removed for separate sale. Overly frequent oil changes.

Evidence suggests only one performance school and one track day but I'll directly ask.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts