Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Ok, everyone here is an enthusiast, be it even by the smallest margin or you wouldn't be here.

Now, what features as enthusiasts would you love to see on your favourite company's website? Get as crazy or as practical as you wish. Some of these ideas may even come to fruition ;) so here's your chance to make a difference!

Thanks for any and all input,

Cheers everyone

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Are we talking favorite motorcycle manufacturer's website?

I'll assume so. I'd love for each of them to be hosting forums each type of bike, and have links to aftermarket manu's. It'd be even better if the aftermarket manu's had reps who monitored the forums and responded to questions/needs. That existed here once, and I thought was really helpful. It certainly influenced my decisions about purchases.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
An honest to god tech line. No "will doing wheelies with my power commander on high void the warranty" type questions but real help for real stock bike questions. Probably a can of worms they don't want to open.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
a link to some naked lesbian stunt riders with streaming video.:thumbs2:

hey, you asked. :dunno:

·
Registered
517 Posts
FWIW, Dodge sells real upgrade kits for many of their hotter vehicles. They are factory parts and installation of such upgrades (in many cases) will not affect the warranty.

It would be nice to be offered factory-approved packages or at least see what a motorcycle manufacturer offers. Surely there are some kits out there, but most of it is left for the aftermarket.

I have not looked, but I'd bet that Harley Davidson's Screaming Eagle branch is linked to the main HD page and they have examples of customer bikes that are all spiffed up in a variety of ways. If a sportbike manufacturer offered something beyond polo shirts and hats, they should show it off more.

The online owner's manuals and parts diagrams like Kawasaki and Yamaha have are excellent, too.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Kevlar7R said:
Every manufacturer should do like Kawasaki, and put full parts lists, and diagrams online. Its so knowing what part# you need before you call the dealership, so you don't have to try and explain to them over the phone.
:thumb: Definitely! And go back a few years, at least twenty.;)

·
Registered
293 Posts
Maybe if someone rode a newer bike, Robert wouldn't have to upload diagrams of your bike off stone tablets that Moses left behind before the freak rainstorm;) :D :twofinger

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks so much for all the ideas guys - they really are helpful.

Everyone keep'em coming if you have more.

I wish I could say what this was for right now, but in the end some of these suggestions may very well get used.

Thanks again,

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
GMAS said:
I wish I could say what this was for right now, but in the end some of these suggestions may very well get used.
ALRIGHT!!!! :thumb:

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
thompsonian said:
Maybe if someone rode a newer bike, Robert wouldn't have to upload diagrams of your bike off stone tablets that Moses left behind before the freak rainstorm;) :D :twofinger
All of my stuff was on the third tablet, the one he dropped comin' off the mount.:( There were backups on scrolls, but they don't scan well.:(

Oh, and:twofinger ;) :D :D

·
Registered
293 Posts
Dad said:
All of my stuff was on the third tablet, the one he dropped comin' off the mount.:( There were backups on scrolls, but they don't scan well.:(

Oh, and:twofinger ;) :D :D
I see...that's why there always seems to be a page missing right after Moses got the tablets! All those *&%!!*$! really didn't help that book.:D

Say Dad, it's gettin closer to that warm weather time, you still up for a meeting at Seneca Rock this spring? I'm still as slow as ever, but it's still a poopload of fun

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
thompsonian said:
I see...that's why there always seems to be a page missing right after Moses got the tablets! All those *&%!!*$! really didn't help that book.:D

Say Dad, it's gettin closer to that warm weather time, you still up for a meeting at Seneca Rock this spring? I'm still as slow as ever, but it's still a poopload of fun
Got several days in the works for Labor Day weekend. A group will be staying in the vicinity of Clarksburg. Other than that, I'm good for just about any nice Saturday or Sunday all year long.:) Sometimes through Clarksburg, other times hitting 50 somewhere closer to Grafton. Twisties all of the way to Va on 33!:thumb:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Dad said:
Got several days in the works for Labor Day weekend. A group will be staying in the vicinity of Clarksburg. Other than that, I'm good for just about any nice Saturday or Sunday all year long.:) Sometimes through Clarksburg, other times hitting 50 somewhere closer to Grafton. Twisties all of the way to Va on 33!:thumb:
Keep me posted. Clarksburg is only bout an hour away from me, so I think we could manage a meet up somehow. I know if need be I can stay with some family in Clarksburg. I'll be sure to let you know ahead of time when we head to the Rock. I really want to hit New River Gorge again.

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
thompsonian said:
I really want to hit New River Gorge again.
That really hits home. Been there many times to raft the upper and lower, and I can only imagine how much fun the two-wheeled riding must be :crying:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Dad said:
Rtes. 16 and 60?
That I'm not sure about. Not too familiar with rt numbers yet. I think 60 was one of them. We were around Hawks Nest for awhile then headed to the bridge and took that shitty ass road to the bottom of the gorge. Was way cool and a ton of fun! I'll have to ask Kevin and see.

Being there on 2 wheels is the best. Cept for the truckers you manage to get behind goin uphill and then they beath down your ass crack goin down the hills. I prefer to go up the mountain, not come down.

·
Registered
291 Posts
hey don't forget to post-up those rides, I'd love to join :D It's a trip for me, but well worth it :)

·
Registered
293 Posts
Roger Wilco! I love to have a lot of different abilities on a ride! That way if your slow( like me) there is someone to ride with, and if you are fast (like Dad) you have someone to ride with!

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
thompsonian said:
That I'm not sure about. Not too familiar with rt numbers yet. I think 60 was one of them. We were around Hawks Nest for awhile then headed to the bridge and took that shitty ass road to the bottom of the gorge. Was way cool and a ton of fun! I'll have to ask Kevin and see.

Being there on 2 wheels is the best. Cept for the truckers you manage to get behind goin uphill and then they beath down your ass crack goin down the hills. I prefer to go up the mountain, not come down.
That's rte 60 past Hawk's Nest. :thumb:

Gas on, downhills too. Up or down, right or left, it's just another corner. The bike wants the throttle once your lean is set.;) I know it goes against nature, but as soon as you get comfortable picking up the throttle on the downhills, the bike will settle and feel like it's working again. Some of those tight, steep downhills, second gear, you can come out pinned!:thumb: :D Damn that's fun riding!:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts