Sportbike World banner

favorite Sportbike maker???

2K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  conrice 
#1 · (Edited)
I just want a general idea of what everyone's favorite maker. I know there are tons of variables to consider and this is a very generalized question. So all I need are some general answers. So I was just wandering what is your favorite maker honda, yamaha, kawasaki, suzuki, etc.?
and why is that maker your favorite?

#6 ·
I'm not picky, its all about the model, though Yamaha seems to be lacking to me lately. Started on a Honda and was glad I did as it was a tank, really didn't need a lot of maint despite its 20+ years age, and Honda maintains a parts selection LONG after the model has been sold.

Now I own, obviously, a Kawi and I love its feel. Not a fan of this year's tranny but the extra 36ccs is a nice way to cheat the need for anything larger. Its one of my children :cool:

#7 ·
Another Kawi fan here. Been riding Ninja's continuously since I was 18. (20+ years)

I like Kawasaki because of the emphasis they typically put on their engine development. They always strive to have the most powerful engine in each class. (even if they perhaps aren't as refined as a Honda) Kawasaki just has a hot-rod, damn the politcal correctness attitude about them.

#8 ·
zxrider said:
Another Kawi fan here. Been riding Ninja's continuously since I was 18. (20+ years)

I like Kawasaki because of the emphasis they typically put on their engine development. They always strive to have the most powerful engine in each class. (even if they perhaps aren't as refined as a Honda) Kawasaki just has a hot-rod, damn the politcal correctness attitude about them.
Not only that, they also had the most memorable ad campaign in the '70's, if you're old enough to remember it. Who doesn't know the jingle from their "Let the good times roll" commercials?

#9 ·
I have to say that Suzuki is my favorite. They have a very wide range of bikes and I would be happy on any of them, also you don't have to worry about them jumping in a new direction the next year.

although my next bike will be a Triumph, unless Buell decides to put failings on the 1125 and drop the price two grand.

#11 ·
Team Green (Kawasaki) for me. Not sure why, I kinda see them as the underdog. I see 10 suzukis and hondas and maybe 5 yamahas to kawasakis on the roads here. Plus I loved their outside the box thinking of the 636. Now I love their emphasis on handling of their new little zixxer.

#14 ·
+10 on the Ducati.

I've owned all makes besides Honda, and many models inbetween. Ducati takes the cake for me, as nothing has matched the torque, sound, or feel I get on every ride. Even if it's just a mundane trip to work and back, I still have a great smile plastered for hours on my face because it's not just a ride, it's an experience.

#15 ·
as far as all around, MV Agusta. all i have to say is F4CC

but as far as bikes i might actually be able to get my hand on, HONDA

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.