Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's your favorite type of music. Wondering if there's a trend with people who ride sport bikes. I like trance and hard rock. Anything that gets my pulse going. Same as riding.

If anyone else is into trance, give me some good DJ picks. I'm still new and am into Oakenfold and Van Dyk....need some help with others.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Nothing gets me pumped up like Metal. Fast and loud.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Everything really.
But I LOVE trance.

Willy.
Paul oakenfold rocks, look up some of his live sets on Kaaza.
Oakenfold Tranceport is on of my faves to ride to.
Also try Kimball Collins Generation trance, a staple for me.
Orbital is very good, try Orbital Halcyon on and on, used in a few movies, but it's one of the best trance songs around.
Trance controle is great, but you have to find them online, no CD's that I know of.

Digweeds cool

also the guy that owns sportbikes.net is also a dj, and a very good one at that .www.djrezin.com check it out.
Sasha
Cirrus
I got more but, but this is a good start. If I set my techno FTP back up I'll PM ya the info, tons of live sets and rare stuff.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm a music teacher, so by nature I listen to everything...but I used to be a big trance/ house junky...I still listen to it on occasion...I would suggest checking out sasha, jon digweed, danny tenaglia (though more house), frankie bones, carl cox and there are a ton of other good dj's out there...the problem that this style of music has taken a left turn and gone from underground producers making the music and then the dj's being dj's and spinning the music, to the dj's making the music and trying to get credit for doing both (producing and spinning like moby, fatboy slim)...the best dj's stick to doing what they should be doing...spinning...also, don't forget to trace the roots of trance back to disco...there are a ton of good disco 'reckids' from the 70's, and soul, and r&b(though it wasn't r&b 'till the 80's)...and once you get good at picking out the samples of today's trance tunes (and tracing them back to the originals), you will get upset that there is so much robbery and start listening to the artistry of the producers(not the performers) of all kinds of music (pop, rock, modern rock, classic rock, hip hop, r&b) and then you'll see how important baroque, classical and romantic music is and start listening to that, and you'll wander back and forth and in between deciding that there are a few tunes with elements from all genres of music...but never...you will never ever in a long time try to listen to country...because that is the bane of human exsistence (except for instrumental bluegrass...that stuff rules!!!;)

·
Registered
866 Posts
thats what I had I believe, maybe I just got a bad copy, but I'm sticking with winmx for now, any idea where I can download new release movies directly from a sight, tried to get triple x from winmx and kazaa and couldn't do it. so I'm looking for a sight directly to get it from instead of another person.

·
Registered
56 Posts
drluv318 said:
I'm a music teacher, so by nature I listen to everything...but I used to be a big trance/ house junky...the problem that this style of music has taken a left turn and the best dj's stick to doing what they should be doing...spinning...also, don't forget to trace the roots of trance back to disco...there are a ton of good disco 'reckids' from the 70's, and soul, and r&b(though it wasn't r&b 'till the 80's)...and then you'll see how important baroque, classical and romantic music is and start listening to that, and you'll wander back and forth and in between deciding that there are a few tunes with elements from all genres of music...but never...you will never ever in a long time try to listen to country...because that is the bane of human exsistence (except for instrumental bluegrass...that stuff rules!!!;)
LOL!!! You ARE a music teacher.

·
Registered
269 Posts
i liked electronic when it was the alternative music and not every other middle schooler was dancin around like fags with glowsticks with all the rainbow colorful shit on. **** that shit, now its as mainstream as creed and nsync. "i like digweed and bt and oakey rocks!" psh, ****in they dont rock, its goddamn techno. graduate the 8th grade and check out some of the real underground djs. djs that do it even if they arent getting paid in the asshole like moby. (note: im not saying theyre bad, just overrated)

what do i listen to? well i can pretty much listen to anything unless its that damn ghetto-ass love makin music. widespread and allman bros to chesney and garth to the good old stuff like your acdc and the crowes. those are just at the top of the list.
about country music...and the reason i am SO GLAD im not a music teacher, its good to listen to when youre drinkin like hell, and not because you get so drunk that you dont pay attention to the damn notes and chords and right horizontal cleft notes like dude music teacher up there. i guess if you dont live near the things they sing about its hard to like it. thats all i have to say about that.

·
Registered
178 Posts
dash said:
i liked electronic when it was the alternative music and not every other middle schooler was dancin around like fags with glowsticks with all the rainbow colorful shit on. **** that shit, now its as mainstream as creed and nsync. "i like digweed and bt and oakey rocks!" psh, ****in they dont rock, its goddamn techno. graduate the 8th grade and check out some of the real underground djs. djs that do it even if they arent getting paid in the asshole like moby. (note: im not saying theyre bad, just overrated)

what do i listen to? well i can pretty much listen to anything unless its that damn ghetto-ass love makin music. widespread and allman bros to chesney and garth to the good old stuff like your acdc and the crowes. those are just at the top of the list.
about country music...and the reason i am SO GLAD im not a music teacher, its good to listen to when youre drinkin like hell, and not because you get so drunk that you dont pay attention to the damn notes and chords and right horizontal cleft notes like dude music teacher up there. i guess if you dont live near the things they sing about its hard to like it. thats all i have to say about that.
I liked eletronica when it was alternative and underground too, but I'm not an elitist. I'm glad it's coming more mainstream. That means more DJ's I like get more money to make more music.

Yeah oakenfold is wildly popular, hes a really good DJ. So is Digweed. If you don't think they are , well then Eddie, vai and Satriani just "fiddled" with the guitar.
There is a reason they have gotten popular, they are good. And guess what, they would have never gotten more than a years worth of sets if you "old schoolers" didn't think they were off the hook too.
Crystal method and chemical brothers started in like 1990-1992,
Were they cool then?
Or is only the 80's "European disco" the only stuff worth listening to??

As for the Middle school fags, you can thank them for punk and heavy metal.

Yeah, everyone gets pissed when someone else poaches their set of twisties.

Not a flame bro, just my drunken spew. It just felt kinda personal when you names half of the peoeple I named as my faves.

And good choice with AC/DC and crows, those dudes are way underground ;) :p

Adrian

Edited to add: I have never owned a sun visor nor have I ever danced with a glowstick. :twofinger

·
Registered
609 Posts
Old heavy metal; Deep Purple, Cream, Jimi, Black Sabbath..... you know, the classics.:D Lately though I've been getting into the blues; Everything from Ray Charles to Stevie Ray Vaughn. Nothing eats up the miles on my bike like the blues.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I remember when you never heard Sabbath, or Zepplin or any of those guys on the radio. Now we have Led Zepplin on car commercials! I even heard the Rolling Stones in a supermarket. The times they are a changing!

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Fizzman said:
As for the Middle school fags, you can thank them for punk and heavy metal.

what the hell does that mean??? have you been to a real punk rock show. you won't find a whole lot of 12 year olds. it's mostly people like me in their early 30's.

anyway, loud and fast.

rollins band is probably my favorite. just i generally listen is rollins band, black flag, minor threat (straight edge!!!), sabbath, misfits (the real deal with danzig), zeppelin (especially 2 and pg), ozzy, distrubed and van halen lately (once again--the real deal, pre-1984, which isn't bad, but the wuss-rock influences are definitely there).

i also like PRIMER 55!!! found a lot of primer 55 fans on here the last time i posted that band.

the only techno-ish stuff i could get into was prodigy. but for the most part it all reminds me of the annoying chick in the mitsu commercial. god, i want someone to try that in my car just once. i'll unclip the seat belt and slam on the brakes at 70. i'd love to see her flying through a windshield. and i think we're hitting the reason i like rollins band. we'll call it anger/violence management. :)

i also dr. dre, pe, bb king, chuck berry, jl hooker, johnny cash and a bunch of old motown stuff. go figure. :rolleyes

death to U2!!!! :)

·
Registered
458 Posts
Everything but country for me.

My roots are in rock (Hendrix, Zepplin, PJ, Doors).

On top of that I love techno / trance (for all you trance guys that have a decent connection and have winamp check out www.digitallyimported.com).

Im into solo drum stuff too since i myself am one. Then theres miles davis, it just goes on and on. Depends on the mood.

But I cannot stand this "New" music... Eminem, boy bands, etc... My belief is that TRL is the showcase for music that shouldnt even be allowed on the radio. Not because I dont like it, but because most of them aren't "musicians"... ill stop.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'll listen to pretty much anything but it's funny cause the music at my house is never the same I like hip hop, rock and my wife listens to techno, trance and even country! so you never know what you'll get walking into my place

1 - 20 of 31 Posts