Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just wondering out of all the movies that have motorcycles/ fantasy motorcycles wich one is your favorite???
my personal fav is the red bike from the anime movie AKIRA.
my favorite quote from the movie was.." oh i get it now you cant let it drop below 5000 rpm's or it will die"

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
movie bikes

Well-- if you're goin' for anime-type bikes... the ones from "Tron" were pretty cool :) just saw "BAIT" on HBO a couple days ago... the Beemer R1100S was PHAT! (No flamin', now-- I used to own a '91 BMW K1, and I dig Beemers)

·
Registered
866 Posts
I like the triumphs in mission impossible 2, I think the tire technology was mind blowing. you know, how they were able to morph from street tires to dirtbike tires instantly. I was impressed, where can I buy them.

·
Registered
515 Posts
ah my fav. bike movie.....

probably the dt250 in the movie "deep throat"..was where l.lovelace was going into the doctors office, and the yamaha went by in the back ground..

great movie...:drool:

·
Registered
20 Posts
There used to be a movie floating around the net of some french guy blasting thru Paris. Spliting cars at 150 and stuff. Anyone know the link? BTW I hear the guy is no longer with us.

·
Founder
4,761 Posts
Deuce said:
BTW I hear the guy in no longer with us.
Yes, he died trying to break his old record. Last I heard his (EX) GF was promoting the video to TV stations and Newspapers to try and get other Sportbike riders to slow down.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I like the triumph speed triple from Mission Impossible 2...I didn't really like it until I saw the movie but now I think it looks great. Even if I can't get the traction control tires I would get one as a second bike.

·
Registered
45 Posts
SilentNEKO said:
I like the triumphs in mission impossible 2, I think the tire technology was mind blowing. you know, how they were able to morph from street tires to dirtbike tires instantly. I was impressed, where can I buy them.
I'd have to second that...now if only they could upgrade them just a little bit so that they also transform into paddle tires...I'd be able to ride my bike to Glamis!!!! :D

·
Registered
182 Posts
You guys are ignoring the coolest bike of all... Prince's CM400 in Purple Rain!

·
Registered
50 Posts
how about the MV in Gone in sixty seconds. When Angelina Jolie's character rode up, I almost humped my T.V.:drool: :drool:

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Viper-ZX9R said:
Definitly the two red Ducati 916's in "Fled". Excellent chase sequence with the two bikes :D
I think something was wrong with those bikes.....They couldn't even out run those Crown Vics!:eek:

·
Registered
33 Posts
What about the huge pack of bikes that Johnny Tran & Friends ride up on in Fast and Furious? Right before they blow the hell out of the Eclipse. :)

The "White Devil" bike from Undercover Brother was cool too.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
oh almost forgot...I forgot wich movie it was, but it was a Chuck Norris movie and he had this kick ass dirt bike with rocket launchers in the front...what i wouldnt give for that set up when some soccer mom cuts me off......BOOOOOOOMMMMM!!!!!!!:D :D

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
definitely cool as ice. tiger-stripped gsx-r, vanilla ice is all of his hero-ness. that bike was rough, rugged and raw.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
FZR400Tony said:
definitely cool as ice. tiger-stripped gsx-r, vanilla ice is all of his hero-ness. that bike was rough, rugged and raw.
Never actually got around to whaching that movie.:barf: ;) :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts